Thank You Posts

Default Lovely Cat..........

Attached Images Attached Images

Tayliya one of the female cub,
    Tadoba Tiger reserve ,
    Chandrapur,
    Maharashtra.
    May 2012.

Tigers. ……..Mother earth create a supreme specimen, which can rule the forest. We are very fortunate we are born that country where they are still exist and we can see the wild tiger roaming around in jungle safaris. We have to save this species for our feature generations…………................... Save The Tigers.

Canon 1Dx,
    Canon 500+1.4TC,
    Iso -400,
    f/8
    Enjoy............

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Ritesh,

I agree with you, so wish we could save the Tigers, I think I love them just as much as you do, even though I have only seen them in captivity. Happy to learn your subject is roaming free, he is indeed wild and beautiful - well seen and captured!

In terms of PP work this appears a bit over-processed to my eyes. Correct me if I am wrong - looks to me like you lifted shadows quite a bit; the colours appear a tad washed-out? I also think the subject needs another round of sharpening.

I am enjoying this a lot, the composition works and I love the way the tiger stops in its tracks - a surprised look, such a wonderful pose. This is a very special image, if it were mine I would revisit the RAW and try go easier on the sliders, small changes.

Looking at your settings I dare say F8 was a bit much, have you other frames at, say F5.6? Try experiment more with various apertures - you have such unique and amazing opportunities and great equipment too - you'd be amazed at the results. I take it you were quite far from the subject if you had to add a converter to your 500 lens.

Keep sharing those sightings with us, I certainly look forward to more:)

Here are two different versions of your image, one warmer than the other and a tad more sharpening...a slight halo around the subject I could not get rid of, but let us see what the other members suggest:)

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

3. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ritesh - Always great to see a tiger image especially one taken in the wild. Looks like a big, healthy and strong tiger too. Love the walking pose and the look in the direction of the camera. I also took the liberty of doing a rp. First, there is a blue and cyan tint to the whites particularly on the face so I reduced those. I also thought the reds were a little strong so I dropped the reds slightly. I then wanted to separate the tiger a bit more from the bg so selectively did levels and curves adjustments to the tiger. I added a couple of points of black to the blacks and neutrals in selective color and finally I darkened the bg by -3. It may be a little exaggerated but I wanted to give you an idea of the direction I would go in. WDYT? I do think if you go back to the RAW file that you could bring out a bit more detail.

TFS,
    Rachel

5. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Ritesh ! I clearly feel u have done too much with the post processing and that appears to me a bit artificial, i think u should post the untouched Jpeg here so that justice could be done to the image. Rachels version has improved the image by a huge margin here . TFS
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 04-30-2015 at 04:56 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Gabriela I am very thankful to you for making out the time for done RP from Busy schedule. Thanks For that. I like both of the RP which you posted here ....... The original image too dark, i recover it from the raw and then brought it to here, and yes i agreed with you about the colour and the halos, if you want i can shear the raw with you, even i love to shear the raw, please send me your email address in PM so i will send the raw file link to you. Thanks for your effort .......

Regds,
    Ritesh

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for your kind replay and thanks for taking time to make the RP, Love your Image too, yes i can seen the difference after remove the blue from whites, great the BG with -3 is work for me ....looks great now......

Thanks for your help and for you time.

Regds,
    Ritesh.

9. Thanks Rachel Hollander thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ritesh, thanks for the file.

Yep the file is not ideally exposed as you said, but not to the point that things cannot be recovered, however my concerns are from the RAW to your OP what your workflow is and how you actually process the image and with what software. From uploading your Raw to this post you know how long I have spent, so you know it's not time consuming, also you'll be pleased to know the file is sharp .

Yes, you can be a bit more particular and refine things even more, but I think it's the initial part that you need to look at. To what degree of overall colour is personal choice and you have a better idea on that.

WDYT?

Steve

11. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Hi Ritesh, thanks for the file.

Yep the file is not ideally exposed as you said, but not to the point that things cannot be recovered, however my concerns are from the RAW to your OP what your workflow is and how you actually process the image and with what software. From uploading your Raw to this post you know how long I have spent, so you know it's not time consuming, also you'll be pleased to know the file is sharp .

Yes, you can be a bit more particular and refine things even more, but I think it's the initial part that you need to look at. To what degree of overall colour is personal choice and you have a better idea on that.

WDYT?

Steve
    Hello Steve I love you version also, your image looks good. Thanks for the effort you took for RP. I use PHOTOSHOP CC for my PP work ...... but Firest I recover the image in DPP. Firest remove all shadows and highlights which look bad in the image, then I open that image in the CC. Firest I do the Shadows and highlight here also, then I creat a Layer for doge and burn done some of that, blurred some space manually then done add some sharpening. Then resize the image for compo.

I have orignal tiff image which is so crisp and sharp but while bringing to resize the image that reduce the sharpness ����. I don't know how to resize without loosing the details ....... If you can help me in that.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ritesh, if you are using DPP then Arash is the guy you need to contact and perhaps also buy his PDF on DPP processing, I know he also requested your Kingfisher image, I don't get involved in DPP, only LR & PS CC 2014.

I have orignal tiff image which is so crisp and sharp but while bringing to resize the image that reduce the sharpness
    Not sure what you mean, you have the original Tiff??? From where, how?

Once you have created your Master Tiff file from the Raw conversion & adjustments via PS you save it, preferably with all the Layer adjustments so you create a PSD. Now flatten this, crop to final output size i.e. 1200 x 848 px 400ppi (BPN). Duplicate the layer and sharpen this for web presentation. Using layers, apply a black mask and paint white to reveal the sharp version as you DO NOT want to Globally sharpen the whole image. Once complete, flatten, covert to sRGB, Save for Web, but remember to give it a different name, otherwise you will over write the original, not what you want to do, job done.

Cheers
    Steve

14. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A great sighting for sure, Ritesh.
    I agree the OP (and subsequent versions) look overcooked with an unnatural exposure balance - it's often a fine line on where to stop with correcting shadows and highlights.
    I think (looking at the original file Steve posted) that you can still end up with a pleasing natural result with some effort and delicacy in processing.
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

16. Thanks Ritesh Nangare thanked for this post