70% of frame.
    9 Stacks in CZM
    Levels PSP
    Cheers
    JohnR

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another gorgeous stack! The color is lovely and I like the way the flower is supported by the OOF stuff below it. The subtle color and detail in the BG lets the flower really stand out.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Stunning colors. I like the white fuzz on the edges of the petals, and how it fades away. The softly textured bg is lovely and sets off the flower beautifully. Nice position of the flower.
    I think the vegetation in the lower left corner detracts from the beauty of the blossom, and I'd eliminate it. Also, there is a spot about 1/3 of the way down along right border. I think these changes will make this an even more beautiful image. I've done a quick and dirty clone to give you an idea of what I have in mind.

Forum Participant
    Maryland's Eastern Shore, beside Fairlee Creek near the Chesapeake Bay
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning flower, John, beautifully captured by you. The composition, background, color and sharpness are all excellent. But I agree with Anita's comments regarding the for me distracting vegetation, and I like her repost.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks both. I agree repost much better
    John

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image and I like the repost also. What was the colour space of the original posted image the original image was it SRGB or something else - the colours look rather different to Anita's (or maybe Anita just brightened it a little?)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jon
    Everything I do is sRGB.
    John

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Anita's RP is tagged with Adobe RGB. Anything posted on the web should be converted to sRGB. A different color space can change the appearance for some viewers, depending on their monitor color gamut and browser. But I'm set up so it should display correctly and the RP does look a little warmer, so something got changed, whether intentional or not.

I liked the "stuff" in the LL but I like it more with it removed -- good work, Anita!
    Last edited by Diane Miller; 04-06-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I didn't intentionally change the color space when I cloned the image. Not sure what happened.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It may be that PS Elements converted it to its working space (I'm assuming that would be Adobe RGB) without telling you. I don't know PSE but in PS you can go to the Color Settings menu and choose to have it warn you if you have a profile mismatch -- that is, a different color space in an image than your working space. It can be important to know.

I think I talk about this in a couple of the tutorials in ER: When the Histogram is Wrong, and maybe one of the others -- no time to have a look right now.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    It may be that PS Elements converted it to its working space (I'm assuming that would be Adobe RGB) without telling you. I don't know PSE but in PS you can go to the Color Settings menu and choose to have it warn you if you have a profile mismatch -- that is, a different color space in an image than your working space. It can be important to know.

I think I talk about this in a couple of the tutorials in ER: When the Histogram is Wrong, and maybe one of the others -- no time to have a look right now.
    I manually change the images I'm going to post from sRGB to RGB. If Elements changed it automatically, it would be the first time I've known that happened. A mystery.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Do you mean from sRGB to Adobe RGB? There isn't just a plain RGB color space. RGB is a color model, with several gamuts (color spaces). Other models are things like CMYK, LAB and Grayscale. Color spaces within the RGB model are sRGB, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB, and a few others that are seldom used today.

Anything posted on the web should always be sRGB, not Adobe RGB. And if you need to change the color space, use Convert, not Assign. The latter will change the colors in a way you don't want.

Here's the best I can do to explain it:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...es-for-the-Web

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like DOF, colors and light and like original version more, BG looks more natural. TFS.

Cheers,
    Miro

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    Do you mean from sRGB to Adobe RGB? There isn't just a plain RGB color space. RGB is a color model, with several gamuts (color spaces). Other models are things like CMYK, LAB and Grayscale. Color spaces within the RGB model are sRGB, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB, and a few others that are seldom used today.

Anything posted on the web should always be sRGB, not Adobe RGB. And if you need to change the color space, use Convert, not Assign. The latter will change the colors in a way you don't want.

Here's the best I can do to explain it:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...es-for-the-Web
    Yes, I meant from RGB to sRGB for posting.