Thread: THEME WINNERS - DAVE PHILLIPS TRIBUTE

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default THEME WINNERS - DAVE PHILLIPS TRIBUTE

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, folks, I think this theme is harder for people who didn't know Dave and his irreverent humor that went along with his innovation and creativity. His passions seemed to be the swamp in Louisiana near his home, green herons especially and birds of all kinds, cats, swamp critters, Fractalius and DAP which he used on his swamp images and on his gorgeous Asian influenced images of birds.
    With that being said, here are the winners as I think Dave would have picked them:

1st - Michael Gerald-Yamasaki - Diamond Formation - It is quirky, has birds and is a flip. A winning combination for Dave Good work, Michael.

2nd - Michael Gerald Yamasaki - Infinite Waistline - Definitely quirky and irreverent and a flip. Another good one, Michael

3rd - Judy Howle - Swallowtail Watercolor - I think Dave introduced us all to DAP. Nice application on this one, Judy.

Thanks everyone for your participation. I was fortunate to become a member of BPN about 6 months before Dave died and I learned a lot from him and I'm glad that we are honoring his memory.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Cheryl! Congrats to Michael! Both of those images are very creative examples of OOTB thinking!

Lifetime Member Michael Gerald-Yamasaki's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations, Judy. Sadly, I arrived at BPN after Dave passed, but have enjoyed looking at his images. Thanks Cheryl for judging and everyone for the themes and submissions for the themes. I periodically go through a creative funk as I am in now... but working the themes helps me and I'm grateful.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry I missed this one, nice work Michael and Judy, well done Cheryl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Always a fun and challenging theme. Congrats Michael, some creative images. Judy, nice use if DAP. Cheryl, thanks for judging.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to Cheryl and all participants.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congrats Michael & Judy!! Well done! Michael, I love having the themes as sometimes I am adrift in the creative department and having something/some technique to focus on is great. Plus it always sends me off in some direction I would never think about. Thanks Cheryl for your insight on Dave and for judging.