Thread: Brown Thrasher after the rain

Ed Kelly

Default Brown Thrasher after the rain

http://Brown Thrasher by edkelly145, on Flickr

It rain all day yesterday, except an hour of slight clearing. Walked out my back door and strolled down a cart path. I was shocked to see 3 birds I had not photographed before. The Brown Thrasher, a Yellow Throat Warbler and a Golden-Growned Kinglet. Not to mention a flock of Cedar Waxwings that flew overhead.

D750 & Tamron 150-600mm @ 600mm 320 sec at f/7.1
    Tripod with gimbal head
    2 branches removed,processed in LR5,sharpened in CC, 50% crop

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Ed. I like the wet feathers and you nailed a perfect pose here. Sharpness and exposure look good. I might try toning down the brighter parts of the BG just a bit to help the thrasher stand out.

Keep them coming!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ha! I love the miserable wet look on the subject! Nice comp, the square crop works remarkably well, good details. Good suggestion to tone down the bright BG. Sounds like you had a productive day...

Ed Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan Briggs View Post
    Hey Ed. I like the wet feathers and you nailed a perfect pose here. Sharpness and exposure look good. I might try toning down the brighter parts of the BG just a bit to help the thrasher stand out.

Keep them coming!
    I agree. Thanks for your comments.

Ed

Ed Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Ha! I love the miserable wet look on the subject! Nice comp, the square crop works remarkably well, good details. Good suggestion to tone down the bright BG. Sounds like you had a productive day...
    Daniel, Thanks for the feedback,much appreciated.

OT: Can I combine all replies in a single reply? On another site I frequent,you start a reply and just hit "reply with quote" to each comment.

Thanks Again.

Ed