Thread: Vert Columbine

Roman Kurywczak

Default Vert Columbine

Attached Images Attached Images

Did this a few days ago after my first columbine post. Tried to position the blooms for a vert presentation. As in the first post..........everything including the BG was controlled indoors. Natural light in front of a bright overcast window........reflector (silver) and LED headlamp (to even out white tones) used with a Canon Mark 3 set at ISO 800 and f32 for 1/6 sec. BG is a letter sized print on matte paper of the gerbera leaf blurred.
    As always, comments welcomed and appreciated!

Julie Kenward

Roman, technically I think this is spot on. Artistically? I would love to see a little more of the green weaving in and out of the background. The flower has such depth to it and then the BG seems rather sterile (for my tastes.) A little lighter on the greens and I think that purple would really POP.

Again, that's just my humble opinion. But, then, I am a fanatic for green and purple together! :D

Robert O'Toole

Love it Roman, the colors and comp are great. I would trim a little of the bottom maybe, i tried it with the browser window and you dont miss the extra space.

I like the BG color, but you have some major banding in the BG.

Robert

Robert O'Toole

Hey most of the banding is gone now, oh well, did you repost Roman?

Either way it looks better.

Robert

Ed Vatza

Beautiful image Roman. You seemed to have controlled everything very well. The background looks fine to me. And the flower is spectacular - very sharp and beautifully colored. And the drooping bud ob the lr just adds something nice to the image. Nice job.

Roman Kurywczak

Quote Originally Posted by Robert O'Toole View Post
    Hey most of the banding is gone now, oh well, did you repost Roman?

Either way it looks better.

Robert
    Huh??? No repost!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another exquisite presentation of this columbine Roman - the lighting works beautifully - no nits from me!!!

Mike Moats

Hey Roman, all I can say is, Perfect. Awesome details while maintaining a nice BG.

chad anderson

very nice. Super details, composition, and bkgrd