Thread: Bald Eagle close up

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bald Eagle close up

Name:  _O2P6768-copy.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  272.0 KB

Ok, a bit experimental, or more how I would crop the image had my lens been a 600/4 with 1.4TC, which would have been better for this. This is a 100% crop at ISO 1000, with a 10mpx camera, were is that 36mpx with 10FPS that I wanted :). Anyhow, open to ideas, I liked the fact the backround, as slight movement blur and so emphasizes the movement, as well as the drops of water coming off the fish. Any ideas?

1DmrkIII, Canon 300/2.8 L IS + 1.4TCII, F/5, ISO 1000, 1/1600s, 1.3mpxs of 10.1, Conowingo dam, 2014

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dynamic and wonderful! It's so hard to get enough magnification, and the crop here isn't perfect image quality, but I think it's very good for what you had to work with. I'd like to see a little more room both right and left, and maybe I'd think about reducing contrast on the tail and feet, which is a more dominant area than the head and competes with it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Diane, I wish this would have only been a 50% crop or so, that would have been much better. Just to show how big a crop this is, the other shots that you also commented was a 50% of the original, so this shows how big a crop this actually is.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dvir, this is an exciting shot. And for me, grabbing this with the gear you describe speaks volumes about your abilities.

Connoting Dam? I was in the Army in 1970(?) when Hurricane/Tropical Storm Agnes went through the Susquehanna River Valley and resulted in washing the silt behind the dam into the town of Port Deposit. I headed up a group that cleaned up the town.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Keener View Post
    Dvir, this is an exciting shot. And for me, grabbing this with the gear you describe speaks volumes about your abilities.

Connoting Dam? I was in the Army in 1970(?) when Hurricane/Tropical Storm Agnes went through the Susquehanna River Valley and resulted in washing the silt behind the dam into the town of Port Deposit. I headed up a group that cleaned up the town.
    Thanks, still getting there, but am improving. This is Conowingo Dam, but same river valley, the Susquehanna River Valley. Interesting story though, didn't know that occurred.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really love the sense of motion and intensity with the blurred background :) Your cropping forces me to note how head-forward he is; my eye follows his eye to his underbelly where I then notice the fish and water droplets; love, love, love the intensity conveyed through your selective crop :) The tonality of the entire image gives it a certain level of grit that conveys to me survival. Well done :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dvir I really like this image and it's sense of action. I would be interested to see the uncropped version of the image to see if you could have cropped less for better IQ.

Cheers
    Iain