Thread: Paddyfield Pipit

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Paddyfield Pipit

One of the most common birds in India and some of the rather easily photographed birds. For me in todays session this was the only star as all others decided to boycott the session leaving me no option but to shoot with what I had at hand. This eventually worked out in my favour as i like what i finally produced on the field. The image did not need a lot of editing as it was close, the light was good and i was shooting almost full frame. I left the small piece of rock to add more elements to the image instead of removing it to create an air of bird being in flight which was not the case. Have a good week ahead guys!!
    Canon 7D, 420mm, 5.6, 1/2500, -1/3,

Name:  IMG_0034.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  248.2 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Supreet, leaving the portion of the rock helps ground the image. Since it looks like he is about to land, this is definitely appropriate. Nice techs to help remove any motion blur. I could see just a tad more sharpening on the head.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Supreet, you made some nice decisions with your original image, and with your crop. I particularly like the details on the legs and feet, and the sense of movement without a much wing blur. Would agree that the head could be a touch sharper.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the elements in the image, and the action is lovely! Another vote in support of enhancing the sharpness on the subject...but only a little. The warmth of the bird and other elements show so very well against the large blue colored bg. Love those dangling feet! First time seeing this species. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the dangling feet, wing position, setting, BG and composition. Nice image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a highly appealing image that only needs a bit more sharpening to the subject's head.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the comp, with the vegetation included, and a nice bg. Great landing pose, and nice light. Agree the head is a bit soft.