Thread: What do you think ? ........ too hot ,so no fight !

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default What do you think ? ........ too hot ,so no fight !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ,
    another image from Craig Lockhardt WH midday shooting .
    This time some Wildebeest were pushing themselves around the shade of the big Accacia where we all stayed the animals and me .It was more for the fun of it to overcome the boring time in the middle of the day , i guess for all of us .Was not serious it was just a gentle pushing .
    I liked it cause it used my time to get to late afternoon for better light and (maybe ) some action .And it was a good time to play with the kit .

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 200 - 400 at 325 mm ; should have gone wider to have more space around , but i actually overlooked that and shot this FF as is .
    HH through passenger window

F 8 ; Iso 1600 ; 1/ 1250 sec

Processed with Capture One Pro 8 and PS CC , double processed and very slight crop . Left some blue in cause it was visible in real life . Very little gardening on RHS .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread .

Cheers Andreas

Sorry Gabriela , stumbled over this one, easier to edit , than the one you are expecting . Please be patient .

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Oops after uploading i recognized that i do not like the yellow component .
    So a quick edit and come up with a slightly different approach of color .
    What works better ?
    Cheers Andreas

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love how the horns actually fit perfectly. Nice detail, subdued colours and the eye. BG is very bright, not sure it would look better brought down?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas -- Love the horns locked, eye contact, low posture, and details. I prefer the RP with the toned down yellows. Is the one on the left missing an eye (I can't see it)? The only nit that is catching my eye is the foot on the RHS is right at the end of the frame, so I am wondering / curious what a tighter crop might look like without the legs / feet and just the heads / horns?
    Mark Needham

My Website

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas - Colors in rp look better to me too. You did well considering the conditions. I think Mark's suggestion of a tighter crop is a good one to remove the cut off hoof. Looks like a small halo around the horns too.

TFS,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Neil, Mark and Rachel for your comments and suggestions.
    Agree with you about being a not ideal crop , Mark´s idea seems to work better .
    And the halo is there Rachel , went in sometime during the process without telling , that little bugger .I should blame Mr Capture

Thanks again Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Andreas,

I must say I just love the way the RHS wildebeest is looking at the other fellow:) If anyone thinks these animals are boring, they are wrong! So much happening when they gather in great numbers at a water hole...Love the expression captured here and the mood...a challenge, "to fight or not to fight", or "I'll show you who is the boss around here"...I found it very useful, trying to keep my lens on the most belligerent chap in the crowd. Which is usually the one with most battle scars - trouble seemed to follow wherever he went. I guess you did the same.

Well done Andreas, and I am waiting for that one image that took my breath away. I have a photograph of you busy capturing just that:)

The RP is best, by the way...

Lekker slaap, Mr B.E., we are thinking of you tonight
    Gabriela Plesea