Thread: Wood Ducks

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wood Ducks

Attached Images Attached Images

It's always great to see a Wood Duck when you're out there birding; seeing five in a local park was a thrill on this cloudy, intermittently rainy day. They stayed in one place for several minutes until a Green Heron flew in to claim the log they were standing on, and they scattered. In a perfect world, the ones on the left wouldn't all be looking out of the frame. I added a bit of canvas on the left to give them space to look into, and used the clone stamp and content-aware move tool to fill it in. I need to better my PS skills in this area. The birds were brightened, leveled and sharpened. NR to the BG.

EOS7D, EF300mm f/4 + 1.4X, manual exposure, evaluative metering, Tv 1/500, Av 8.0, ISO 800

C & C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Applying a Contrast Mask (Unsharp Mask at 15/65/0)selectively to the bird's faces or perhaps to the whole birds would like give this image a much needed boost. Same with a healthy increase in the Vibrance.... I like the image design.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for your feedback, Artie. I went back to the raw file, used the unsharp mask and increased vibrance on the whole birds.
    Name:  BPN_USMs_IMG_3539.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  245.1 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Carolyn. I like the repost so well done on that!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.