Thread: Red on Red

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red on Red

Attached Images Attached Images

This Tulip Avignon image was created at the Willem-Alexander Pavilion at Keukenhof, Lisse, Holland with the tripod-mounted Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens and the Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital camera body. ISO 400. Evaluative metering +2/3 stop: 1/125 sec. at f/4 in Av mode. Manual focus on the nearest petal.

Don't be shy; all comments are welcome but for those dealing with microscopic or LAB color analyses :)

Folks here might enjoy the find the flower image photo image in the "Learning to Think and See Like a Pro/The Third of a Series" blog post here.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is so perfect that I'm tempted to just holler a Flickresque 'great shot!'

But I won't.

If this isn't perfection for this subject, what is? We all know how challenging it can be to maestro reds into visual compliance. You've done it exquisitely, here.

The dreamy BG and the ultra sharp, yet natural-looking petals are stunning. The multiple red hues married there with the yellows are delightful.

And the soft green stem is a delightful garnish on this masterpiece.

That was a real treat, Artie -- thanks !
    Bill Jobes

www.billjobes.com

My BPN Gallery

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Lens

3. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Arthur, very nicely done. The detail on the front petal is superb and I like how the colors all work together. Really pops.

Allen

5. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The total package. Just fantastic. The angle on the flower looks perfect with smashing warm colors and beautiful textures in the petals. I also like how the back OOF petals are slightly above the front ones. Adding some 3D effect.

7. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful Artie gorgeous colour range and so complimentary, super shot.

9. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all for your kind words. I hope y'all liked my macro lens....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great macro lens! And great shot to show off its capabilities! Wonderful detail and colors! The subtle variations in the red are perfect.

12. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post