Thread: Norfolk Island Coastline 2

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Norfolk Island Coastline 2

Attached Images Attached Images

Norfolk Island Coastline 2
    Norfolk Island, Australia
    Canon 5D2, 24-105@45; 1/8@f/22; ISO 100

30 minutes later than #1 on the same day.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

When I put this 400kb image next to my Google+ image there is no comparison. Nothing looks as good on BPN as it does on other sites that permit a large file size. This is the G+ file: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-j...oastline+1.jpg
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jay, I prefer the light you had 30 minutes earlier I like the composition with the cluster of rocks in the foreground but wonder if a longer shutter speed may have been the way to go here to "calm" the ocean and put even more emphasis on the rock elements within the image.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very interesting comparison. I prefer the sky and island on the horizon here, but prefer the overall light of the first posting.

It's hard enough evaluating landscape images on computer screens, but the file size limitations here make it much harder. I know that the power of both these images would probably blow us all away on a 50" print.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

When I pull up the Google+ image, the size is actually slightly smaller than the one here on BPN, and both are identical in color and tonalities.

There are differences in browsers, and ones that are not fully color managed can change the appearance of an image. I use Firefox will full color management enabled.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    When I pull up the Google+ image, the size is actually slightly smaller than the one here on BPN, and both are identical in color and tonalities.

There are differences in browsers, and ones that are not fully color managed can change the appearance of an image. I use Firefox will full color management enabled.
    Diane, the G+ image is 2048 x 1613; 935.04KB. I see differences. Cheers,
    Cheers, Jay

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the composition and "flow" in this one, Jay - but wish you had the dynamic water motion that your previous posting shows for this one.
    Did you do any of this shooting at dawn as well? I know you went for this kind of colour/mood, but was wondering if the sunrise that morning did offer some opportunities in golden light - or was it overcast?
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, These are from 2009! I have no memory of anything in 2009; do you? I had saved a few gems - I was a green photographer at the time - and let them sit in archives until I had processing skills and nothing better to do than process those images. Now that my lungs have slowed me down I have the time to process. Most of what I saved is being discarded.
    Cheers, Jay

Threads
    Thank You Posts

My bad, Jay - didn't know this was that long ago
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the breaking waves, the rocks, and especially the color of the water. A bit wider would have been nice as would have moving the flat rock on the horizon to the left by moving to your left. If possible :).
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

11. Thanks Jay Gould thanked for this post