Thread: Demented Difference

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Demented Difference

Attached Images Attached Images

Any guesses on what the base image is? I put another wild texture under it and changed the blend mode to difference and it was also over the same base image, like a texture sandwich. I fiddled with blend modes so much on all 3 layers my head is spinning!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful abstract image, Judy. All the blend modes have created the effect of a watercolor painting. The base image looks like a flower to me...perhaps a tulip with open, spreading petals. I love the combination of colors (particularly the variation on green) and textures (particularly the "bubbles"). Can you share which textures you used...would love to check them out.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Judy- I don't think I've seen difference mode used so strongly with such an impact, very nice.The image is well balanced, and that line under the flower acts as an underscore, almost like a signature. The colors and tones (and there are a lot) work well together. Guess would be a Dogwood bloom. Another artistic use of layers, you really seem to be enjoying those new textures!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Wendy! I used inked texture 7 and Heirloom texture 25. I may have inverted 25, not sure. All from 2 Lil Owls sets I bought. I bought the previous set also. The flower is a lotus blossom that I had converted to black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Kates View Post
    Beautiful abstract image, Judy. All the blend modes have created the effect of a watercolor painting. The base image looks like a flower to me...perhaps a tulip with open, spreading petals. I love the combination of colors (particularly the variation on green) and textures (particularly the "bubbles"). Can you share which textures you used...would love to check them out.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Randall. Yes the filters are very nice and it's fun to use something different for a change. The flower is a lotus blossom that I had converted to black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Farhy View Post
    Hi Judy- I don't think I've seen difference mode used so strongly with such an impact, very nice.The image is well balanced, and that line under the flower acts as an underscore, almost like a signature. The colors and tones (and there are a lot) work well together. Guess would be a Dogwood bloom. Another artistic use of layers, you really seem to be enjoying those new textures!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I had guessed waterlily.
    You created marvelous effects with your textures. Gorgeous colors and textures. that line going through in the lower part is unusual and most effective.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

With those diagonals, colors, and texture, you've put together a great abstract. The color variations are incredible.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think it's a turtle with wings (folded) and lotus tail feathers. And a couple of babies riding on its back. (Been looking at Avian too much...) Awesome!! I seriously love the textures and colors!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great abstract, Judy. Gorgeous colors and textures - it looks like it could be a watercolor or a batik. Either way, I really like it
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations on winning and on your creativity.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone! Sorry I wasn't around much in the past week.