Thread: Themes

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Themes

Hi,

When I first joined BPN a few years ago they had a weekly or monthly theme going on. I thought it was kind of fun and it gave the group something to look into their archives for if they decided to play along. Why was it abandoned? Not enough participation? Not sure but I think it would be fun to try it again and I think it will liven up the posts and the general participation.

Not sure what you guys and gals think but I thought I would throw it out there

Thanks

David

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Please tell us more about how themes might work. Perhaps you could offer some examples.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Henry, we had a monthly theme going in the Avian forum. It was just for fun, and it was fun. I was the one running it, but when I began also taking the IOTWs postings I had too much on my plate so it faded away. Basically all it was is that there was a monthly theme that was announced and "stickied" to the top of the forum. We had themes like, for example: "red", "small in the frame", "prey and predator", "low angle", etc...and for that month we would have fun posting images relating to that particular theme.

If any other mod would like to re-start this fun little piece that would be all fine with me!

BTW, there are still themes going on in "Wildlife" so you can check that out...
    Last edited by Daniel Cadieux; 12-03-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Daniel for letting us know what happened to the themes postings. I can understand how it got to be to much to deal with as you are the most active mod on this site and I for one appreciate all that you do.
    It would be nice if someone would take on the themes postings because I think it would be allot of fun for the members. Just as I started BPN it was abandoned. Thanks again.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

It may get a revival. Stay tuned...