Thread: Wildlife Image of the Week for the week ending Feb 21st, 2014: Jamie Douglas - What has a bear gotta do for some peace around here?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wildlife Image of the Week for the week ending Feb 21st, 2014: Jamie Douglas - What has a bear gotta do for some peace around here?

Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations Jamie!

Hello folks. I hope you are all enjoying the start to 2014 . I've been a little quiet recently preoccupied with a few things (xbox one and my kid... yes in that order LOL) and feeling a little down in the dumps after a few lacklustre camera trips recently (feel sorry for me, go on please) :)))))

Photographing bears round these parts is never an easy task. Combine dreary weather with boat access and well lets just say disappointment is a common emotion at the end of a morning.

I am never one to give up and will always push my gear and myself to maximize the situation and try and come away with a few keepers. Maybe not award winners or wall hangers, but valuable lessons learned images that will only make me stronger next time... and there will always be a next time.

This bear had spent what seemed like an eternity with his head buried amongst the rocks slurping up clam chowder before he finally took a breather and discovered a boat full of poised photographers behind him.

Techs | Canon 1D Mark IV| 500mm F4 II | F4 | 1/400 | ISO3200 | -2/3 | AV Mode - I gotta get my hands on a 200-400 next time or maybe just a full frame camera as this could go a little wider in my opinion.

Steve, I hope you are in bed resting in preparation for a spot of gallivanting tomorrow. See you bright and early and bring a tumbler for a few wee drams of that duty free you brought.

Cheers

Jamie

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cheers Daniel, this means a lot considering the caliber of the weekly image posts in the wildlife forum.

Thanks

Jamie

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is brilliant Jamie, CONGRATULATIONS!
    I missed out on this one, was away when you posted, I just love it! Great colours and detail, so well presented!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done matey, hope to see more from you in the coming months, once you & the bears come out of hibernation
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congrats Jamie! Looking forward to more images from you soon.

Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congrats, Jamie! Well done and what a terrific image.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey thank you everyone. I've been preoccupied training for my first 1/2 marathon coming up in May so spare time is now spent running or should I say panting instead of camera time but me and the bears are starting to come out of hibernation now

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great catch! Congratulations!