Thread: Kestrel Male

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Kestrel Male

This is a Common Kestrel Male, have seen it so many times however never was able to make a decent image of it on the ground. I would say this guy was very co-operative and allowed me to click it .
    Laying flat on the ground is a bit difficult on the rocky surfaces but was worth the effort, my elbows still hurt from yesterdays clicking

5D MIII + Canon 400 f2.8 + 2x tc
    f8, 1/1600, ISO 1000

Name:  kestrelmale.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  330.7 KB

The foreground was coming OOF as i was flat down, had choice of cloning the stone on the right but i felt it rendered a bit of balance to the frame so kept it there. Welcome your suggestions
    Critiques and comments are welcome , helps me learn

best regards
    vishal

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would say, good decision o the rock. The nice side light, bringing out some excellent details. Well done Vishal.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beautiful sharp image and I like the rocks you left in. Our Kestrels over here are so hard to approach! Just roll down a window or raise you camera and they are gone. I have been studying settings with binos, if time, to avoid elements in front of bird. I wonder if you could have rock crawled just a little to the side to avoid the grass in the birds tail? Still really nice IMHO.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful raptor in nice light. IQ looks great. I'm wondering if you took a couple from a little higher to get an all green BG too? The erect pose of the kestrel makes it look a tad tight top and bottom in the frame...a vertical would have been very nice here with more room above (and a bit below). Congrats on what sounds like a difficult species to photograph!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image Vishal. Love the erect (proud) pose of the kestrel and warm light. The BG fits wonderful to the bird. Well done, Vishal