• Take wildlife pictures throughout the whole day

6 54.55%

Thread: Snake Eagle on its way

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snake Eagle on its way

Attached Images Attached Images

My first picture on this forum. I am here to learn. C&C's are appreciated.

This bird was photographed at the Polentswa Waterhole, Kgalagadi (South Africa/Botswana).
    During the hot time of the day
    Camera D700, Lens Nikon 200-400 at 400.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Johan and welcome!! Wow! This is SO sharp and detailed!

In the future you will get more people viewing and commenting if you post in Avian or Eager to Learn. This forum is mostly for ID and other information.

From the looks of this, you don't need to learn much! I love the colors, sharpness, pose... I'm a little conflicted about the log extending across the bottom of the frame. There is just enough room to crop it out and then it's all about the amazing bird, but that is just an alternative composition and it's wonderful just as is.

Go over to the Introductions forum and tell us a little about yourself and your photography. We look forward to seeing more of your images!

3. Thanks JohanMocke thanked for this post
    BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank You Diane - I am trying to find my way on this website and must confess, still a bit lost. I thought something was wrong with nobody responding, and could not find the problem. You helped me, though I am still not sure where to post the next picture - will go and have a look again! Regards

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It took me a LONG time to find my way around here, and still can't find some things easily. The site needs some redesign but there's no money for a real staff, barely enough to pay for hosting.

I'd post anything that good in Avian, and things you really have questions about in Eager to Learn. For ID questions etc. there is Avian: About Birds. And of course any of the forums in the Critique section are open to non-avian subjects. I have my browser favorite set to come right to the Forums page. Rarely look at anything else.

I have my preferences set so that anytime I respond or post I get an email with the reply. (But not sure how I found it to set it!) Makes it easy to keep up with a thread that I've responded to.

I've found this a great place -- hope you do too!