Threads
    Thank You Posts

Avian Spoonbill in flight

Attached Images Attached Images

Nikon D300s, 70-200 mm, Focal length 125, Iso 400, 1/2000, F 4.5, cropped

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rick, love the lighting on the wings here really shows their beauty. Those eyes look intense! Seeing just a slight halo around the feet.

Gary.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rick:

A big welcome to BPN, a great place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

You will find a lot of spoonies posted here, as not only are they great subjects, but James Shadle, one of the principals of the site, does a great spoonbill tours in Tampa, and many of our members have been out with him.

I like the back lighting of the wings and bill, clear view of the head between the wings, drooping legs. I also like the framing, with perhaps a sliver more to the left an option.

I am seeing a fairly distinct sharpening halo around the bill,back and feet. Also an usual line along the bottom of the throat.

A very colorful first post, look forward to more, and be sure to mention any particulars about the post processing, it helps us critique more accurately.

Again, welcome to BPN>

Cheers

Randy

PS: Gary was typing at the same time as I , so sorry for the repeating comments.
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments. So glad I found this site. So easy to spend hours here; reading, reviewing, learning... I have already signed up for a photo workshop in March w/ Roman K and James Shadle

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Rick - welcome to BPN! I've only been a member for about a month and, like you said, have found that I can spend hours here on the site. There are quite a few amazing photographers on here who unselfishly offer their time and advice to others. Hope you stick around and I look forward to seeing some more of your shots! And more importantly, I hope to see contributions via some comments and suggestions on other's images! ;)

With that said ... Other things that you might want to add to the post include:
    - time and location
    - post processing (as Randy mentioned)
    - % crop
    - a small narrative explaining how you got the shot
    These are just suggestions and you don't need them for every image, but it can't hurt giving all this info!