Thread: Wandering Whistling Ducks

Richard Mc Donald

Default Wandering Whistling Ducks

Very lucky to have these ducks land right in front of me.
    Name:  wwfd.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  156.3 KB
    Canon EOS - Canon EF Lens
    ISO400
    F/14.0
    1/640 with -1/3 EV

Richard

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Richard,

What was the cameral body and lens used?

I like the picture smooth water and beautiful ducks are usually a hit with the camera. Of course they do not always pose for the lens and wish the bills did not intersect but we take what we can get and this is a striking image - well done. I like the f/14 for DoF while still maintained a solid shutter speed. Excellent job controlling the frame and capturing a muted non-distracting background. The composition is well balanced, overall a nice picture and a great moment with nature.

I thought about asking if the flash was handy,..but I love the shadows and mid tones in this shot. Nice texture and and use of light!
    Last edited by Jeff Cashdollar; 08-30-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Richard, please do list as many technical details and shooting conditions as you can (shooting mode, metering method, camera body, lens, time of day, etc.). Was this hand-held or tripod mounted? Did you do any post-processing to the image? It is nicely exposed and the color is lovely, but I'm afraid the third OOF duck breaks the mood for me. Two sharp ducks looking in the same direction would be a stronger image, without the third one moving through the frame in the other direction. Keep them coming!
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com