Thread: glacier melt cave

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default glacier melt cave

this is a pool of glacial melt run off on the edge Ball Glacier in New Zealand,right next to Mt. Cook. i took this photo in mid march this year on a 21 degree day! not the sort of conditions that we need for glaciers to survive into the future...

shot on a 40D with a 10-22mm EF-s @11mm
    f5 1/30 sec iso 100.
    handheld.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

that is way cool!!!!, but i would crop some off the top almost to your signature.

Robert Amoruso

Agreed, this is very cool Edward. I love all the arcs in the image - having the water to ice intersection coming right into the lower right corner and sweeping horizontally into the image. The vertical arcs in the ice present a dynamic balance to the horizontal arc.

Agreed with Harold's recommendation on the crop. The top unbalances all the neat stuff going on underneath.

Well done.

Robert O'Toole

Love the blues and the line details. Agree 100% with the crop votes. It would really tighten up the image.

Robert

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Improvements mentioned. Very interesting image here.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Edward,
    Agree with crop......Only mine would be middle of area to your signature. Very nicely done!
    Roman

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Subject very interesting ..and the kind of image. I like the lines and colurs!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

thanks guys! i agree with your comments so i had another go at it. what do you think? I didn't like it when i took more off the top without taking more off the left and i didn't want to take more any more off the left. As such, this is a bit of a compromise.

Leroy Laverman

Attached Images Attached Images

Why not keep all of the image on the left when cropping the top? I think the wider aspect ratio suits the subject matter just fine. Here's a version with the colors pumped up some more.

Robert Amoruso

I would not take off the left. Cropping the top to a pano works perfect IMO.