• James Shadle

by Published on 11-15-2011 12:40 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Announcements

I'm happy to announce some recent changes to BPN's Forum Guidelines, Member Benefits and Staff.
      First, the changes made to our Forum Guidelines.

#10 Administrators and Moderators are entrusted with the ability and responsibility of removing objectionable and/or off topic posts. A warning may be sent to the offending party or parties involved. If the rule violations are severe, or if they continue after a warning, a user's privileges to access BPN can be terminated without notice.

#13Private Messaging is for personal use only - using it as a mass-marketing tool is forbidden. All forum rules apply to Private Messaging including but not limited to- not harassing, agitating, showing hostility towards or being persistently unpleasant or argumentative to another user or Staff Member.

#15 Members nor Users will be permitted to restrict or inhibit any other member or user from using and enjoying the forum by harassing, intentionally agitating, showing hostility towards or being persistently unpleasant or argumentative. If BPN Administrators or Moderators determine that a user has violated this rule, a warning may be sent to the offending party. If the violations are severe, or if they continue after a warning, a user's privileges to access BPN can and will be terminated without notice.

#16 If asked by a BPN Administrator or forum Moderator to cease posting content deemed offensive, objectionable, off topic, or in poor taste by said Administrator forum Moderator, you must agree to do so.

#18 Images should not exceed 250 kilobytes nor should they exceed 1024 pixels on the horizontal side or 800 pixels on the vertical side.

Red:Text
      Added
      Green: Text Removed

In addition to clarifying our guidelines we have added two new forum features.
      by Published on 03-13-2011 03:25 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Announcements
      Article Preview

So many great images and only one IOTY winner!
      That winner is Chris Kotze.

Please join me in congratulating Chris Kotze for having his image "Catch of the Day" selected as the BirdPhotographers.Net Image Of The Year for 2010!
      by Published on 11-11-2010 12:49 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Announcements

As mentioned in an earlier thread ( http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...hoto-and-Video!) we have Membership fees that are among the lowest on the internet.

No one at BPN receives a salary or is on a payroll. We have no employees.
      Our modest membership fees(only $20 US annually)are used to maintain our website. Those of you who have been around awhile have surely noticed the greatly improved reliability, speed and forum features implemented since July 2010.

Those changes were not and are not cheap. However, we made the investment for a fast, feature rich, reliable forum that our members can enjoy on several different levels.

To join, just follow this link: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/payments.php

Here is a complete (almost:o) list of member benefits.
      Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    • Most Recent Threads

Andreas Liedmann

King Cormorant

Thread Starter: Andreas Liedmann

Hi folks ... back to the good old days , LOL .
      Great times on the Falklands back in 2012 .... oh man wish I had today's knowledge and kit

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 01:21 PM Go to last post
      Gabriela Plesea

Polenstwa 2013

Thread Starter: Gabriela Plesea

Hello Everyone,

Thought I'd share something with you tonight...This is my first post on BPN Wildlife in May 2013. Not going to say more,

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea Today, 02:10 PM Go to last post
      Ilija Dukovski

Caranculated caracaras

Thread Starter: Ilija Dukovski

I got this pair with a great name, Carunculated caracaras, in Ecuador, near the volcano Cotopaxi last January.

Nikon D850, Nikkor 200-500mm

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 10:21 AM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

Chestnut-sided Warbler In A Cedar

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

When this little guy adopted this cedar as a perch for a few moments, I thought it looked neat surrounded by all the green leaves. I got a few more traditional

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 10:25 AM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Jay

Thread Starter: William Dickson

Canon R6
      f/4 400mm DO Mk2
      f/4
      1/4000
      ISO 1600

This is one from last week at the set up. I was getting the usual

Last Post By: Gerald Kelberg Today, 11:00 AM Go to last post
      Gabriela Plesea

Kruger Lioness

Thread Starter: Gabriela Plesea

Hello Everyone,

Just sharing a simple image of a relaxed lioness tonight, it was captured in the Kruger Park last month. We had lots of

Last Post By: Gabriela Plesea Today, 01:30 PM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Red Squirrel Jump XV

Hi folks ... one of the earlier shots without a nut in the mouth , different more " cluttered " BG as the foliage was closer to the subject

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Yesterday, 10:55 AM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Baby Eider

Canon R6
      f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 560mm
      f/5.6
      1/1600
      ISO 1000

More of a fun image I suppose. I had to laugh whilst photographing.

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 10:27 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

European Kingfisher ( F ) XVI

Hi folks ... itīs KF time
      One from earlier this year at a commercial set up ... I do like the spotlight effect , created by the vegetation

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann Today, 10:30 AM Go to last post
      Gerald Kelberg

Kea calling

Thread Starter: Gerald Kelberg

While the New Zealand catalog is open, and I am browsing, I thought to share this image of New Zealand's endemic mountain parrot - the Kea. Photographed

Last Post By: Brian Sump 06-18-2024, 10:23 PM Go to last post
      William Dickson

Eider

Canon R6
      f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 800mm
      f/8
      1/2500
      ISO 1600

I'm still spending a lot of time at the local harbour photographing

Last Post By: Steve Kaluski Today, 12:58 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

Red Squirrel Jump XIV

Hi all ... after a break back to the jumping Squirrels
      Stopped the shooting at my location , as too many other subjects became interested

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 06-16-2024, 04:26 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

White Throated Dipper IV

Hi folks ... this time again one of the adults .
      Getting low on a day with an almost plain white sky , was resulting in a river that almost looked

Last Post By: Andreas Liedmann 06-18-2024, 11:01 AM Go to last post
      Gerald Kelberg

Salvin's Mollymawk

Thread Starter: Gerald Kelberg

Browsing through my old files looking for Giant Petrels, I also came across several images of the Salvin's Mollymawk aka Salvin's Albatross, including

Last Post By: Gerald Kelberg 06-18-2024, 09:09 AM Go to last post
      Andreas Liedmann

White Throated Dipper III ( juv )

Hi folks .... after a longer time I revisited my Dipper location , to my surprise they had youngsters that already fletched and being quite large already

Last Post By: William Dickson 06-18-2024, 11:39 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics