• BPN Outage

Dear Photographers,

BPN has just been reactivated after its longest outage in its history. BPN was victim of 2 specific events that lead to the outage.
      The first was the continued attacks on BPN software and services that caused other sites to experience phishing. As a result, a request was issued to our domain hoster to shut down the birdphotographers.net domain. The domain was deactivated on the 29th of June.
      After cleaning up all infected files on our hosting site, we requested reactivation. However, our domainname was still registered towards the old administrator of BPN. When BPN was handed over to the current administration, the old administrator was requested to confirm the transfer, but never did. Hence the old domain registration email was never changed and when the 'adminstrator' was asked to confirm the activation, we never got the mail to respond.

This event caused the longest outage as it was very difficult to communicate to the domain hoster (via chat only) and it was not clear how we could transfer full ownership (i.e. remove and change the old administrator email address). Last night (8 July) BIRDS AS ART staff and owner Arthur Morris handed me the necessary documents to be handed over to the domain registrar.
      And this morning I discovered we are back online !! Great news and a big relief.

We will take further actions to prevent this from happening again and if all goes well, you, the BPN community, will not notice the change.

Finally, we recognise that you have been deprived of BPN's services: we have decided to extend all BPN Members (paying members) to extend their membership expiration with one month.
      I hope to be able to complete this before the end of July: it requires some direct editing of database fields and records, not a trivial task.

With kind regards and happy snapping,

The Admin Team
    • Most Recent Threads

Joseph Przybyla

Snowy Egret

Thread Starter: Joseph Przybyla

I captured this image of a Snowy Egret taking flight at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: David Roach Today, 01:28 PM Go to last post
      Jonathan Ashton

Canary shouldered thorn moth (Ennomos alniaria)

Thread Starter: Jonathan Ashton

I have been moth trapping in the back garden, this was quite obliging I managed to transfer it to a Knapweed flower head.
      Olympus E-M1X
      Lens

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 05:54 AM Go to last post
      David Roach

Greenie on green...

Thread Starter: David Roach

EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f2.8 1/500 ISO 500 HH, Manual EXP, cropped from vertical

This very green heron has been my nemesis for the past week.

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 10:59 AM Go to last post
      Paul Burdett

Australasian Gannet wings up for Artie and all

Thread Starter: Paul Burdett

Another Gannet taken recently...wings up this time for those who prefer that. Cheers (LOVING this Nikon D500/500mmPF combo!)

500mm, 1/4000th

Last Post By: Paul Burdett Today, 06:32 AM Go to last post
      Ravi Hirekatur

Young Grasshopper?

Thread Starter: Ravi Hirekatur

Like a young grasshopper not developed the wings yet. I was photographing flowers and saw this one right next to the flowers in a prairie. A small crop

Last Post By: Jonathan Ashton Today, 05:59 AM Go to last post
      Krishna Prasad kotti

American Avocet in Golden Light

Thread Starter: Krishna Prasad kotti

I made this image in Antelope Island State Park UT.

The insects in this image show Bryne flies, one of the primary source of food for birds

Last Post By: Krishna Prasad kotti Today, 10:59 AM Go to last post
      Stu Bowie

JULY THEME WINNERS

Thread Starter: Stu Bowie

Another month, and another three members can have bragging rights for having their images selected in July's theme of Black Birds. A huge thank you to

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 10:51 AM Go to last post
      Daniel Cadieux

American Redstart's Finished Nest.

Thread Starter: Daniel Cadieux

What a work of art it is! This was photographed 5 days after the image I posted previously, and she was already sitting on four eggs. I have not had

Last Post By: Joseph Przybyla Today, 11:01 AM Go to last post
      Bill Dix

Red-billed Tropicbird

Thread Starter: Bill Dix

From Little Tobago in 2016. It was a kick to watch these elegant fliers diving for fish near the darkened cliff face. The Frigatebirds would hover high

Last Post By: Geoffrey Montagu Today, 11:17 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Little Blue...

I captured this image of a Little Blue Heron in 2014 at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated.

Last Post By: Krishna Prasad kotti Today, 12:23 AM Go to last post
      Randy Stout

Low Level Foot Waggle

Thread Starter: Randy Stout

This common loon was captured on a Northern Michigan Lake yesterday. I was tinkering with my shooting angle some more and thought it gave it an interesting

Last Post By: David Roach Yesterday, 08:16 PM Go to last post
      dankearl

Baby Waxwing.

Thread Starter: dankearl

D500, 500mm (300 w/1.7), f4.8, 1/400, iso560
      waxchick.jpg

Last Post By: Bill Dix Yesterday, 10:46 AM Go to last post
      David Roach

Eye on the Prize...

Thread Starter: David Roach

EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f4 1/320 ISO 1250 HH, Manual EXP, Large crop

This young hunter was concentrating on a small tree frog. This is first

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Yesterday, 09:10 AM Go to last post
      Joseph Przybyla

Tri-colored Heron

Another view of the accommodating Tri-colored Heron at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. I moved a little closer than the image in my previous

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Today, 11:26 AM Go to last post
      Jay Ing

Snowy on the prowl

Thread Starter: Jay Ing

This guys was a real poser for a couple hours. 10 feet away so shooting was easy does it. Like this face maximizing frame. TFL.

A9ii, 600mm,

Last Post By: Daniel Cadieux Yesterday, 09:26 AM Go to last post
    Web Analytics