View RSS Feed

denise ippolito

Eckla Gear Cart Review

Rate this Entry
[B]Eckla Multi Rolly Gear Cart[/B]
There are two different styles of Gear Carts by Eckla that are available at [URL="http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/store/eckla-beach-rolly-gear-cart.html"]Outdoor Photo Gear[/URL]. Chris Klapheke sent me both to look at and I am going to be testing them both before deciding on which one I want. Since they are both very well made it will just come down to which one suits my needs more. I will be adding the [I]Multi-holding bar[/I] to whichever one I decide to go with. The best thing is that the carts are both light weight and fold easily to fit in my car.

This durable multi-function cart with all-terrain tires is very versatile and can go where you need it to go; whether it's over rough terrain or sandy beaches let this cart carry your gear instead of humping it on your shoulders or back! This model comes fully loaded with gear pouches, hooks, no slip grip handles and even a fold-down shooting seat.
Features:
German engineering and construction
10"H x 3"W (25 x 8 cm) knobby all-terrain tires
Rust proof heavy duty aluminum frame
Cargo hooks attached to frame
Pockets hold tripod feet securely
Separate fold-down seat allows you to sit & shoot without unpacking

Specs:
110 lbs (50 kg) hauling capacity
264 lbs (120 kg) seating capacity
Payload space 20W x 14D" (50 x 35 cm)
Payload back height 21.5" (55 cm)
Seat size 18W x 16D" (45 x 40 cm)
Weight 15.4 lbs (7 kg)
Folds flat 27.5 x 26.8 x 6" (70 x 68 x 15 cm)
PRICE: $299.95

This [B]Beach Rolly Gear Cart[/B] has a much simpler design and may actually be the one I go with. I like the side covers. There is also the [I]Eckla Fold Out Cargo Bar[/I] which can be added to the cart. This model also comes with the no-slip grips and the all-terrain tires that I like so much. I will have to test it out in the field to make sure it can hold all my gear including my tripod but it looks like it will without a problem. I have some ideas about tricking this cart out and I will share those with you when I get them all in place. (not shown)

Features:
German engineering and construction
10"H x 3"W (25 x 8 cm) knobby all-terrain tires
Rust proof heavy duty aluminum frame
Double-walled nylon bucket hopper/seat construction
Converts from hauling mode to seat

Specifications:
176 lbs (80 kg) hauling capacity
264 lbs (115 kg) seating capacity
Payload area floor 18 x 14" (46 x 35.5 cm)
Payload back height 24" (61 cm) and 41" (104 cm) high with windscreen
Weight 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
Folds flat 28 x 26 x 3.5" (71 x 66 x 9 cm)
PRICE:$199.95

I will be accessorizing my cart and taking pictures of it to show you how I use it. The cart that I am using now is not very good, the tires stink, they can't make it up and down trails or into the woods or on the beach. This will be a huge improvement and I can't wait to add my gadgets and gear. These top notch Gear Carts are available at [URL="http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/store/eckla-multi-rolly-gear-cart.html"]Outdoor Photo Gear[/URL]. I am not making any money from the sale of these carts. This is not a paid advertisement. It is simply my need to find the right cart for the job and I believe that Outdoor Photo Gear has the right cart.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Updated 07-10-2011 at 03:21 PM by denise ippolito

Tags: carts, gear
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Web Analytics