PDA

View Full Version : Project

Mark Schmitt
04-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Here is a little offering for the "common bird project". A rare species if there ever was one:D

This image is about the setting. I liked the curve of the perch and it's harmony with the other natural elements in the image. About the only thing I'd with for is that the HA was more towards camera.

Not much done in PP except to: crop, sat and sharp.

EXIF
Canon 30D
Canon EF 500 IS L
Metering: pattern
EXP: 1/800 @ f 5.6, -.33 exp comp, fill flash
ISO: 500
White bal:custom 5450K

Feel free;)

Myer Bornstein
04-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I like it. Typical pose of the doves

Don Anderson
04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Very nice image, You're right the background really is excellent with the dove.

Arthur Morris
04-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Here is a little offering for the "common bird project". A rare species if there ever was one. This image is about the setting. I liked the curve of the perch and it's harmony with the other natural elements in the image. About the only thing I'd with for is that the HA was more towards camera. Not much done in PP except to: crop, sat and sharp. Feel free;)

While MODOs are common they are not easy birds to photograph... I love the perch and am OK with the BKGR but it is a bit too busy for me. Take it from me, with this pose you have a close to perfect head angle. If the bird had it's head turned more towards you we would not be seeing enough of it. SH and EXP are right on.

John Chardine
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice one Mark. I agree with Artie, for me the HA is perfect. I am intrigued by the lighting here- it almost looks studeo-like but is subtle enough to look natural. I love the layout of the image with the perch, subject, rocks and the two leaves almost perfectly placed. The only thing for me would be to see some more room at the top.

Stu Bowie
04-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Good pose, and lovely looking perch Mark. Good detail on the Dove too.

Mark Schmitt
04-03-2010, 01:38 PM
While MODOs are common they are not easy birds to photograph... I love the perch and am OK with the BKGR but it is a bit too busy for me. Take it from me, with this pose you have a close to perfect head angle. If the bird had it's head turned more towards you we would not be seeing enough of it. SH and EXP are right on.

Thanks Arti: I think I miss-stated myself about the HA. My intent was to say that I thought that the bird might present a little more eye contact. ;)

Mark Schmitt
04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Nice one Mark. I agree with Artie, for me the HA is perfect. I am intrigued by the lighting here- it almost looks studeo-like but is subtle enough to look natural. I love the layout of the image with the perch, subject, rocks and the two leaves almost perfectly placed. The only thing for me would be to see some more room at the top.

Thanks, John. The lighting was slightly overcast (IMHO perfect for photography) which minimized shadows and contrashading. I did use a very light taste if fill flash. ;)