PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Critters ... Lulu

David Thomasson
04-26-2009, 03:23 PM
This was a throwaway image, a quick snap of my cousin's dog, Lulu, sitting in the back seat. Bright sunlit background outside, underexposed subject, just a mess. (Original is in a separate post below.) So I tried smudging it and adding a new background.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/212/lulu8x8.jpg

David Thomasson
04-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Here's the original ...

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2020/luluoriginal.jpg

Mark Fuge
04-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Nice job, like the background and the dog! The shading of the background is nice.

Looks like you cut a "very" little off the right ear, but had you not had the original it would not have been noticed, though I thought something about the ear was "wrong"? The other thing I also notice is a black spot in the area of the whiskers. You got the one below the eye, but I'm not sure if this one is a marking or dirt she picked up. Neither item is serious, but just to let you know.

You did a good job with a complex background.

Restoration is fun but oh so boring, at times, until you get the results you did here!:)

denise ippolito
04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
David, The eyes really stand out! I think it looks like a painting! You did a great job with the nose-I can't believe how good it looks!!

Jackie Schuknecht
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
You even have the whiskers back in! Looks like a studio shot, and I really like what you have done with the smudge tool. I hope you write a book of Photoshop tips David, I would buy it!

Christopher Miller
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
David, The result is so good I never would have guessed that the original was a throwaway shot. Well done! Looks like a painting!

John Ippolito
04-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Extraordinary restoration and beyond, David. Lovely portrait from a "throwaway". Nice work indeed.

Grady Weed
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Those sad loyal eyes! And I must say, a very good restoration job indeed. Yes it does look like a painting. I'd say...a very overall nice image. I would never have guess it was as the original was.