PDA

View Full Version : It has been a pleasure!

Ramon M. Casares
08-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Well friends, it is time for me to say goodbye to Florida and its wonderfull birds, I have enjoyed every minute, I've met some great people such as Fabs and Alfred Forns, Arthur Morris, and MichaelStern by phone, with whom I have had a great time photographing birds of all kinds! I am leaving to Dominican Republic and from there to my beloved home in Argentina, so I will still be in touch from there, but I didn't want to miss the oportunity to thank you all for everything you have donde for me, not only your comments on my work but for your tips and advice of where to go, etc.
I hope to be here in winter :)
Here's a picture of an Anhinga taken at the Indian Lake Estates with Arthur (Thak you Arthur for all you have done!! Enjoy!!

40D
500mm 4L IS USM
Tv 1/1000
Av 7.1
ISO 400
Exp Comp +2/3

Juan Carlos Vindas
08-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Ramón, it sounds like you had a wonderful time in Florida! that's great.
Great image of this beautiful bird, very nice pose and superb BG.

Sudhir Shivaram
08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
That's a great composition with nice background. The lighting looks to be on your side and has helped you get that nice details in the bird. The copyright text you have put takes away the beauty of this image.

Jasper Doest
08-06-2008, 02:41 AM
have a good time there down south....and don't be a stranger. Regarding the photograph, i love the way you framed this....and the way the length of the neck is emphasized. Very nice!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
08-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Beautiful capture!

Doug Brown
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Really like this one Ramon! The composition is perfect. Glad you had a good time in the states!

Axel Hildebrandt
08-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I like the pose in this one and might add a tad more room right and top.

Daniel Cadieux
08-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Overall it's pretty cool! I do wish the two blue "see-throughs" in LRC weren't there. Actually, and this is a personal preference, I think the whole bottom third is sort of on the heavy side considering the top is so open and fluid. I still like it though, the head turn is great :-)

Here is a crop I had in mind...you can feel free to disagree, but this is how I envision your image (or along those lines):

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/IMG__2559f.jpg

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry we were not able to make contact Ramon but will look forward to your return this winter. Give your wonderful country big saludos for me. I truly loved my three years there and hope to return one day. Great capture by the way Ramon !!!! Do keep in touch and travel well.

Arthur Morris
08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I thought that I recognized that bird! I actually like the ORIG post better and do not mind the blue see-throughs. Thanks though Daniel for the repost. Have a great trip to the DR and get home safely.

Maxis Gamez
08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Very nice having you Ramon! Have a safe trip!

Ramon M. Casares
08-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi all! Sorry I didn't replay sooner but in Dominicana I don't have mucvh internet access, thnak you all for your comments and greetings!!! As soon as I can can I'll start posting again!!