PDA

View Full Version : Theme Hyena

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-06-2015, 02:56 PM
A head shot of a Hyena showing the detail and texture. You can actually see the safari vehicle in its eye. The 100-400 II is one heck of a sharp lens (compared to the older model it is far far better) & pairs so well with the 7D II!
1/500
f/7.1
ISO 400
7D II
227mm

Rachel Hollander
10-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Hi Sanjeev - I also really like the 100-400 II. It is sharp but also allows a fair amount of flexibility. Looks like the light was a bit harsh and the shooting angle isn't the best though not always within our control when shooting from a vehicle. I find the deep shadow on the face to be pulling my attention and detracting from the image. Sorry.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
10-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Hi Sanjeev -- I really was amazed at the results you kept showing with the 100-400mm II , must be an amazing piece of glass , is it lighter compared to the previous one ? and as far as the image is concerned i also agree with Rachel here . Sorry ! TFS .

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Thanks Rachel and Haseeb. Haseeb, the new lens is nearly the same weight (minor difference) but the sharpness, contrast, AF and IS are top notch! I am lovin it ! It won't replace my 500 II nor my 70-200 II but great when you need flexibility and light weight lens.

Marc Mol
10-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Not one of my favourites of yours Sanjeev, given the harsh shadows and difficult shooting angle, sorry buddy, I know you have more in your armoury :w3

I do hear that the new 100-400 is a real winner and has put the Nikkor 80-400 back a peg.

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
10-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Hi Sanjeev technically well looking Hyena image , besides the shadows /darks of the left eye , but i think the award pose of the subject is not that pleasing . I think it would have been a different thing if you could have a low POV shot . But fully understand that is not always the option from a safari vehicle , specially when they have the open Land Rover .

I tried the 100- 400 myself some time ago and can just say i am with you regarding the lens , but as i hardly use/ used version I i said to myself not worth to spend the money , just to have it :bg3:.

You have nice detail and colors , and the tones do look quite good , besides the eye area as mentioned above .

TFS Andreas