Thread: Black Tailed Godwit

Hillebrand Breuker

Default Black Tailed Godwit

Attached Images Attached Images

Black Tailed Godwits have a breeding population in the Netherlands. Unfortunatly they are not as common anymore as they used to be. I photographed this one in a nature reserve close to my home.

30D, 500/4 IS + 1.4 TC, tripod, camonetting

Axel Hildebrandt

I like this a lot, Hillebrand! Great setting, angle, details and BG. My only suggestion is a bit more room on the left side. Keep them coming. :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kill me why don't you. I fanned pretty bad on this species in Iceland last summer. I love the sharpness, the greens, the soft light, and oh my, that gorgeoous bird. My two wishes: one, that the bird had turned its head a bit more toward you, and two, that it was me standing behind the lens.

later and love and keep up the great work, artie with envy
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Steve Fauer

This is a nice clean image. Really like the colors and the soft light. Maybe just an inch or so more room on the left.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hillebrand
    Well this image either makes my day.....or ruins it. I would give anything if this were mine. This is a target species for me in Iceland this summer and I'd be thrilled just to see it. I know Artie mentioned the head turn....yeah, in a perfect world. I just can't take my eyes off this....the color, the bg, the detail.....and did I mention how much I love the bird?

Hillebrand Breuker

Artie and Lana, just to tease you I'll upload a few BTG next week. They breed in the Netherlands too. Iceland is high on my wishlist. Mainly for birds and landscapes. Two friends of me have been there. Iceland is really very, very gorgeous!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hillebrand
    I'd be thrilled to see them all.....of course I'll probably drool on my keyboard and fry my laptop.....but hey....post 'em!!!!

Robert Amoruso

Beautiful bird and the processing is perfect. So sharp and detailed. Head turn nit mentioned.

Seetharam

This is extraordinary. Great control over the exposure.

Maxis Gamez

This is a lovely image, full of colors and details. I wish for more room in front of your subject, but that would be it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

excellent image. OOF grass blades in foreground and the way they covered the legs is kind of special for me. Excellent image.

Fabs Forns

I can only say, well, I'm out of words....

<----------is very impressed :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous image perfectly captured I love the comp. and pose..

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa

I am speachless!
    a ten-by-ten + mark!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Hillebrand! I love the digital processing. Fine details on the bird.
    I do love the soft bg and a prt of fg. The tuft is a nice plus I guess.
    For the long billed birds I normally leave a bit wider room in front of the bill. So maybe the 3:2 image ratio would help on it.
    Szimi

Ákos Lumnitzer

Other than the slight head turn towards you, nothing needs to be accomplished. The grass looks like it's cradling your bird. What a gorgeous capture and fantastic presentation.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic shot!!!
    Excellent in all respects!