Thread: which is the best ?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default which is the best ?

Attached Images Attached Images

I am not sure about the best in pp
    What you think about ?
    Off course also notice about the shoot are well accepted...
    Thanks
    It is not a crop

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

second

Garry Voysey

I personaly like the top image I think you have oversharpened the bottom one why not try unsharp mask.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Giova, my first question, before (if I can), answer your question is, 'what are you trying to achieve and what is the final image to be used in/as?' Once I know, only then can I try and answer your question, as the two images are polls apart in many ways.:)

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

I like the first better the second is over saturated and too bright for me the first looks life like the second one looks false colour wise.

DanWalters

I really like the first post better. The background is darker and brings out the tiger more.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You've documented the flehmen display nicely here, even got eye contact.

The first version has the right colors but not the sharpness. The 2nd one has extra sharpness and over saturated colors. The background looks mushy instead of silky smooth ( I am assuming you used a 300 2.8 IS with 1.4x here- from the exif).

I would settle for this version, perhaps (fixed the head tilt slightly, sharpened the body and desaturated the bg.

Fabs Forns

Somewhere in the middle. Intense picture!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for your tips.
    It is very difficult give a right opinion about my photos by myself and your help is the best!
    My first try was the second options (also If I uses more sharp...but I made it to avoid problem in web )
    Then I tried to find the right white and black livel point and the bb changed ...and I worked for the first option.
    I not print, normally, photos and I use as files for club's presentation.
    Thanks Kiran for your change...it is very right (how fixed the head?)!
    About the bb is it too much and could better reduce it cropping a litlle (also if so the tiger will be too much in the center point...) ?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Man , you are so lucky to get so many different image in single trip , Sensational ,

Awesome image and Kiran's version looks better ,
    TFS

Ken Watkins

Another vote for Kiran's version.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glad you folks liked it. In my experience, usually, the daylight WB of Canon is pretty accurate for outdoor activity. Not sure why in such an evenly lit situation you have to readjust any color settings in post processing. Anyway, as for the head tilt, there's a tool in Adobe Camera Raw and/or Photoshop that allows arbitrary rotation. ACR is simpler and faster than in CS3 or CS4. It's an icon on top of the ACR window. In photoshop, it is hidden under one of those multi-function buttons on the bottom left (along with ruler and others).

With that camera and lens combo, the BG should be smooth as silk (especially considering the distance from the subject to BG which look pretty far), I think the PP made it a bit granulated/uneven. I desaturated your BG and applied some lens blur to it to give it a smooth texture and that way the BG does not compete with your tiger.

In my opinion, your comp looks very nice as it is, no need to crop. Do let us know what software you are currently using for post processing so folks can give you simple/exact steps to convert your RAW files.

Regards,
    Kiran

Quote Originally Posted by giova View Post
    Thanks for your tips.
    It is very difficult give a right opinion about my photos by myself and your help is the best!
    My first try was the second options (also If I uses more sharp...but I made it to avoid problem in web )
    Then I tried to find the right white and black livel point and the bb changed ...and I worked for the first option.
    I not print, normally, photos and I use as files for club's presentation.
    Thanks Kiran for your change...it is very right (how fixed the head?)!
    About the bb is it too much and could better reduce it cropping a litlle (also if so the tiger will be too much in the center point...) ?
    Last edited by Kiran Khanzode; 01-24-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a lot Kiran your notice are very very interesting and if you give me more tips about head tilt (where it is?) and raw convertion I will happy!
    I use Win xp and Cs4 ; for raw conversion I use Camera Raw and sometimes (it not work for 7d ) Raw Therapee and Dpp
    Thanks again for your help

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sure, Giova, sent you a pm.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello
    thanks for all.
    About the BB do you prefer so dark or could better "more wild" ?