Thread: My Third Grandchild

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My Third Grandchild

Attached Images Attached Images

That's me with my 3rd grandchild, Ilyas. Younger daughter Alissa married Ajiniaz in Nukus, Uzbekistan a few years after meeting him while serving in the Peace Corps (for 30 months). I was the wedding photographer. Ilyas was four last week. When Ilyas was 15 months old, Lissy noticed that he was not developing as expected. He was tested and the diagnosis was that he had a mild case of cerebral palsy. About a year later he was diagnosed as autistic. Through it all Alissa has proved to be a great mother. She works tirelessly with Illy. Having a challenged child in the family has brought us all closer together. And it has given me the opportunity to spend some of my kids' inheritance on Ilyas's therapy. More than anything, Ilyas loves to run. Once when visiting Florida he was running up and down a sloped driveway holding Maya's hand. They were running too fast and wham, Illy fell face down into a mud puddle. He stood up looking bewildered, hesistated, and then went back to the top of the driveway so that he could run down again at full speed. Alissa is hoping that Ilyas will be able to have a life filled with love and happiness and is open to the various possibilities.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Ilyas looks like a beautiful child full of life. I love his curls! I am sure he has and will continue to bring great joy to your entire family:). Your daughter Alissa sounds like a special lady.
    Last edited by denise ippolito; 01-01-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Julie Kenward

He's just as beautiful as the others, Arthur. There are days I wish I had some of HIS undying spirit...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful portrait Artie - gorgeous little boy and I know how very special he is to you and the family.
    HNY!
    Best,
    Nicki

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jules, Thanks. Not sure if I have recommended a visit to www.thework.com to your before or your getting a copy of Byron Katie's CD "Loving What Is" but it would seem to be a great idea for you. And likely for everyone else here. :)

ps to Nicki: thanks!
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, I forgot to tell you before - Byron Katie is coming to our town at the end of the month to give a talk - we have tickets and I am so excited!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki Gwynn Jones View Post
    Artie, I forgot to tell you before - Byron Katie is coming to our town at the end of the month to give a talk - we have tickets and I am so excited!!
    If you do not go up to her and give her a huge hug from me I shall never speak to you again. Tell her that she has brought me more peace than I have ever known and that I am doing my best to spread the work that happiness is a choice.

ps: Only kidding on the "I will never speak to you again threat.":)

Axel Hildebrandt

You two are having way too much fun! :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, I shall most certainly pass on your message - oh and of course, any excuse for a hug...:D:D

Gus Cobos

A fine little boy indeed Mr. Morris...he is full of life and the winning spirit to tackle anything thats thrown his way. God bless...he will be OK...Happy New Year to you and all of the family...:):cool:

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ilyas looks like a beautiful child full of life. Lovely hairs and killer smile
    TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

It's been a treat seeing your wonderful grandchildren and family here, Artie.
    Thanks much for giving us all a glimpse of your personal side! :)
    Bill Jobes

www.billjobes.com

My BPN Gallery

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Lens

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super image that will be a family memento for years to come. The love and life portrayed just jumps from my screen.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Wonderful image Aritie that shows so much love and joy and many thanks for sharing all the background history. You have a lovely family and I wish you all a very Happy, Healthy, New Year.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Handsome little angel!
    It looks like he has all the love he could need. Great to hear about your daughter, she sounds like a good mama.

Alfred Forns

You know love is a powerful thing Artie, I'm sure he is going to be just fine !!!!

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, looks like he gets his hair from Grandpa. Beautiful kid.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Just like his brother, Ilyas is adorable. Looking at you two so happy, I think Ilyas is lucky to have you as granpa and
    you having him as a grandchild.

PS I love his name, best ever;)

Roman Kurywczak

Smile on the face says it all Artie! Wish we could bottle that energy!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a cutie Artie.. My Nephew is autistic and the constant therapy has done wonders.
    Lou

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Lou, That is great news. What type of therapy? Where do they live?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good looking kid(s) and have enjoyed the stories behind them.

We have a soft spot for autistic children around here.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

They live in Hicksville and the therapy is paid for by the mostly district. Mostly language and occupational therapy. They have done such a grat job he is becoming verbal and is going to mainstream in the public school.

My understanding is many LI schools have programs like this.

His life is full of possiblities!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a wonderful image. You are all blessed to have each other.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tender moment Artie...enjoy..its always nice to see family smiling together...

Ákos Lumnitzer

Love conquers all Artie! But you know that already! Hey, did I see you slip a little P&S camera in his pocket? ;)