Thread: Theme: Shadows - Hiding

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Shadows - Hiding

This grasshopper was hiding behind a grass stem, so I went for his shadow. I added a watercolor filter in PS.
    Any C&C are welcome!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

chris, you are killing this theme!! love your vision with your bugs. this is really cool. i like the antenna sticking out from the side. keep up the great work.

really wished you'd become a BPN member.....would love to include you in the contests!!!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Christopher, I really like the lighting for this one and the vision is well seen. I re-cropped w/ the ROT. It's just an option. But I cut off his antennae:(
    Last edited by denise ippolito; 06-26-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Ákos Lumnitzer

Very nice effect with the shadows. I may sound off, but actually I'd prefer the antennae to remain as shadows. But that's my preference. Very neat effect too. CongratS!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments. Denise, I like the crop you did, but would prefer to keep the antennae.

Akos, I don't quite understand what you mean by having the antennae remain as shadows. Can you please clarify?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Christopher
    I love the bold contrast and colors with this. I think what Akos means is that he would prefer both antennae behind the leaf rather than one poking out. I initially thought the same but after viewing it a couple of times I like it as is........sort of like someone peeking from around a translucent curtain. Well done.

Ákos Lumnitzer

Sorry Chris for a belated reply. As per Lana. Thanks Lana, that's exactly what I thought. A great image nevertheless, I am only being a real pain. :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Akos, you're not being a pain :) It's nice hearing different people's opinions. Personally I like the antenna peeking out, but I do see your point as well. Thanks!