Thread: The Kestrel male

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Kestrel male

Attached Images Attached Images

Got this Male kestrel in a natural spotlight. reduced the exposure to get this effect, also cloned out one disracting branch at the bottom of the frame.

Spec:1/800, F 7.1, ISO 800, expo: -1

Canon 40D + 500mm + 1.4TC

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the head angle, details and perch and wish for a bit more separation between bird and BG, particularly on the bird's right side.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

he stands out nicely from the dark BG! love the detail, especially the claws. agree with Axel regarding the RHS, gets lost in some places.
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Repost

Thank you Axel and Morkel. made some adjustments and some noise cleaning. Hope this is ok.

Thanks again,'

Kiran.

Axel Hildebrandt

This looks much better on my monitor, I like it!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kiran, as like most of your pics this is also sharp and well compositioned. I liked the repsoted version here as it gives a more depth. Initially I thought that it was taken in dark with a flash. Congratulations!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Kiranbhai,

with all due respect to your original idea and a fantastic capture i dare to post this version with some creative aspect which you portrayed already.

wish you like it.

Just a creative thought.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice, we don't see too many black BGs
    you did quite well with it.
    I like the way the bird is positioned in the re-post.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

beautiful pose,details and composition!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the first repost best. I think it's a dramatic photo with a perfect pose and perch. Great exposure and sharpness. Love it!
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px

Ákos Lumnitzer

Different and well executed. I also like the horizontal version with the huge space. Well done mate. :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the repost and the HORZ. Kiran, I would be curious to see the original capture converted as shot with no exposure changes. Dramatic as presented.

Mital, I notice that the poster's first name is Kiran, "Bhai" from India, yet you address him as Kiranbhai.

Can you explain the bhai to us? Just looking to learn more about another culture.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

In india the Term Bhai is very much knonw for giving honour.

It's something like calling a brother with honour or sometimes if you havent met anyone and still communicating and without knowing his age or nature we just add Bhai after his name.

The second term Bhai is become known after our Film Industry added some characters. In film industry if you call someone Bhai with big weight it means the Big Boss.

Wish this helps out Arthurbhai :).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another vote for the OP, and excellent use of the spotlight. Super pose, with lovely colours.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Original Image

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement It keeps me going.

Thanks Mital Bhai.. Liked your approach..

Arthur.. Mital explained Bhai.. I would refer to you as Guruji (The learned one)

Also I am posting the original, I have just given a vertical crop and the sharpness at max in Raw.

Regards,

Kiran

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kiranbhai, Thanks for the lesson. Ah, guruji is surely related to guru, no? Thanks for the ORIG. You did a great job with the optimizaton in the first repost.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mitalpatel View Post
    In india the Term Bhai is very much knonw for giving honour. It's something like calling a brother with honour or sometimes if you havent met anyone and still communicating and without knowing his age or nature we just add Bhai after his name. The second term Bhai is become known after our Film Industry added some characters. In film industry if you call someone Bhai with big weight it means the Big Boss.
    Wish this helps out Arthurbhai :).
    Mitalbhai, Thanks for the lesson. I have a smile on my face as I try to figure out if you are using the first defintion or the second one when referring to me as Arthurbhai!

Later buddy.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kiran....lovely image. the PP is quite commendable. I liked the vertical. the catchlight in the eye is nice with soft edges. loved that.