Thread: Brugmansia

Ron Conlon

Default Brugmansia

Attached Images Attached Images

Also angel's trumpet, or a woody form of Datura, which often flowers prolifically for us during the summer, when the blooms quickly age. I had put this plant away to dry out to move inside for the winter, but it remained mild and it bloomed some more so I brought it out again. This time the blooms retained their freshness. The blooms are also quite large, which makes capturing them in a photo challenging so I chose one before it opened.

Stacked photos taken in a lightbox. D5100 200mm iso100 f6.3 1/200s remote flash. 15 frames because it was pointed at the camera so there was a lot of depth to cover on this large bloom.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely stacked Ron. Good idea doing it un opened too ! One of my favourite flowers. Mine are white. Lots of people don't like them here because of their so called poisonous bits !!
    Cheers
    John

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ron: Lovely! I like the wonderful edges of fuzzy little bits. I've tried numerous times to get photograph these flowers at Longwood Gardens. I like the idea of photographing a flower unopened to be able to get the detail. I've never tried stacking but it works well on this image.

Linda

Ron Conlon

Thanks, John and Linda. I too have wanted to do justice to the open flowers. I have carved out permanent space for my light box set up, now I need a larger light box to accommodate larger objects--the open bloom is too big for my current one. Thanks again.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ron. Amazing detail captured with your setup and the stacking! I really like the directional look of the lighting with the flower "reaching" toward the light! Very well done!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love these flowers and the lighting and stack here are wonderful! Beautiful color too!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

very nice focus stack can never get it right. Love the backround as well.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A really unusual subject beautifully exposed and detailed, well done.