Thread: Landscape Image of the Week for the week ending July 18th, 2014: Don Railton - Mindarie Sunset

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Landscape Image of the Week for the week ending July 18th, 2014: Don Railton - Mindarie Sunset

Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations Don!

Hi Guys

Another Sunset... I went for a walk along a local coastal path looking for some Blue Wrens Saturday. Decided to throw in a wide angle lens "Just in case"... I found a few Wrens but could not get close to them, they are very spooky and rarely settle for more than a few seconds. I then found a Osprey perching and in the process of setting up for that I dropped my 1.4 TC 30 ft down a cliff..! felt sick and I was almost ready to head home completely disheartened when I could see smoke from a bush fire drifting across the sea and the setting sun and cloud looked like it migh turn into something, so I hung around a little. I had to mount the camera across the Wimberley mount sideways to get the following shot. There is a couple of other photographers in frame which I decided to leave, but there is a few other elements I am not sure about and will wait and see if they attract comment..

1D4 + 18mm Ziess Distagon manual lens mounted crossways on the wimberley mount/tripod setup usually used for my 500mm
    3.2 sec @ F18 at ISO 100. Personally I think this is a bit too long and now prefer Shutter speeds 0.5 ~ 1 sec, but others will have different ideas on that..

Processed in CS6 in ACR, mainly adjusting levels and leveling. Sharpened the FG (green sea weed) only.

Feel free to tear it to bits if you like, I dont mind... I have got to get past sunsets doing though...

DON

ps I did retrieve the TC and it still seems to function..need to check it out properly though.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Daniel...! And a big thanks to those who have commented on my images and assisted me... I am very grateful..

DON

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely! Congratulations!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts