Thread: More trees

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default More trees

Attached Images Attached Images

I seem to be stuck on vertical textures -- will try Anita's idea for something horizontal that is suggestive of clouds. This texture reminded me of lightning and I called the image "Earth in Upheaval." It was from a boatyard on the Oregon coast. Had to leave after two hours of hyperventilation. Better than a graveyard for dumpsters.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lightning is exactly what I thought of when first seeing this image. I love the texture, and how it looks behind these trees. I wouldn't change anything.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You've made a very nice base image even better with that texture. The lines and colors of both go together extremely well. Give yourself a pat on the back.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Earth in upheaval-this one hits it on an abstract level incredibly well. I also get the sense that the destruction stems from human impact through your use of this background-which is recognizable as a non-natural element. While impactful as is, I'd crop a little from the top-personal preference. I can also imagine a longer aspect ratio with smaller clusters of trees left and right added to create a more expansive scene-Diane, I really like this concept a lot. It strikes me in a similar abstract manner as the famous Hindenburg in flames image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Diane, stunning! I wouldn't change a thing - I LOVE it!!! There's something very elemental about it that really grabs me.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, everyone! I've got to get back to that shipyard -- if I can remember where it was....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Terrific textures, something primordial about it. I agree with Anita that it looks like lightning. I wonder about a small crop from the top.