Thread: Eager to Learn Spotlight Image for week ending Mar. 7th, 2014: Tim Harding - Background advice

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Eager to Learn Spotlight Image for week ending Mar. 7th, 2014: Tim Harding - Background advice

Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations Tim!

Nikon D7100
    300mm F/4 Handheld
    1/1250 @f8.0 ISO 320 Shutter-priority

RAW capture pre-sharpened in LR. WB and exposure as shot. Topaz DeNoise on BG in PS and output sharpen on subject only. 100% FF - no crop.

I was shooting ducks landing across a pond when this guy shot up right in front of me - it's only by pure luck that I caught him in the centre of the frame and in-focus. I like the shot but hate the drab and busy BG. Tried blurring it a bit but that looked fake to me. Any suggestions other than replacing it completely, which will also likely look somewhat fake?

As an aside I have learned more in the last 3 weeks in these forums than months of trial and error. Thanks to everyone who comments - praise or criticism it is greatly appreciated!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Daniel.

And thanks to all of the kind members of BPN who take the time to instructively critique our photos. The wealth of knowledge that is shared is a precious resource.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful! Congratulations!