Thank You Posts

Default Red Grouse

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 1DX
    f/4 500mm(the old 500)
    f/7.1
    1/1600
    ISO 1000

After seeing Steve's recent post of the Red Grouse it prompted me to look at some of my older Red Grouse images....I have 100's still not processed......I'm glad I took lots of images then, because, for the past couple of years, these birds, at this location, have been very scarce....I don't know why...HH...ACR and PS...

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will, nice Grouse and cool you got him on the rock too, often they favour the heather but this is nice. I like the fact you can see the feet and there is room to the right to look into. A hint of habitat & the snow adds. Did you consider purely for 'cosmetic reasons' the brownish clump to the right and the bit of snow jutting out on the RHS? It does look better I think without, but your call. Wonder if it needs a small stop of exposure???

Nice to see the old kit delivering.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice, Will. It's great to see the feathery feet and you got killer eye contact. The brownish clump Steve references isn't perfect but would require some significant cloning to remove; as is, it's a nice depction of the habitat. I can see a slight exposure bump, just watch the eye ring doesn't get too hot.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The brownish clump Steve references isn't perfect but would require some significant cloning to remove
    Minimal Dorian, and very easy to do, I already executed it for Will just to see, then I know prior to posting any feedback if it works. However we might be looking at two different areas, I was referring to the patch in the green BKG.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will ... nice to see old files still interesting for the photographer , we all might have hundreds or even thousands not processed .

So good to back and process with latest software and knowledge .

I do like the image as presented with the Grouse giving a nice posing on the rock .
    Detail / sharpness and tones looking good ... on the color front i would remove the cyan / blues as they are creeping into the whites and the rock , but just a minor issue .

Nicely captured and presented

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Wil, lovely image of this grouse. I like that we can see the feet and the feathered legs. Nice colors, sharp feather detail, complimenting background and the rock makes for a interesting perch. Thank you for sharing.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for that guys....much appreciated.

Will

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Peaches and cream for me Will, looks great and as mentioned you have a clear view of the feet and snow too, I would be delighted if this were mine.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Peaches and cream for me Will, looks great and as mentioned you have a clear view of the feet and snow too, I would be delighted if this were mine.
    Thanks Jon...