Thread: Playful Tree Swallows

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Playful Tree Swallows

Name:  Tree Swalloe Match [BPN].jpg
Views: 117
Size:  340.6 KB
    Whenever things are slow at my regular spot, these Tree Swallows always make for something good.

D500
    Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6e VR @ 500mm
    1/2000
    f/8
    ISO-900
    Spot Metering

Cleveland, Ohio
    April 2017

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great action/timing. I personally might take some of the empty space on the left out so the birds are not too small in the image. The water background is nice.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Daniel,

Great looking interaction between the two birds and I like the perch and colors too.

Looks like a pretty big crop but I decided to show you what I thought a nice comp might be for this frame. Granted the IQ on my end isn't that good, hopefully you can do better with the RAW file.

I cleaned up the bright area behind the birds and added a little more blacks.

Keep getting out there as you are getting some nice stuff, just need to get a little closer.

Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

XXXXX
    Last edited by Daniel Grossi; 04-18-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Accidental post, wanted to delete, but can't.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris R. Johnson View Post
    Great action/timing. I personally might take some of the empty space on the left out so the birds are not too small in the image. The water background is nice.
    Thanks Chris! Yeah - I love that water background, and thanks for the critique.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Salem View Post
    Daniel,

Great looking interaction between the two birds and I like the perch and colors too.

Looks like a pretty big crop but I decided to show you what I thought a nice comp might be for this frame. Granted the IQ on my end isn't that good, hopefully you can do better with the RAW file.

I cleaned up the bright area behind the birds and added a little more blacks.

Keep getting out there as you are getting some nice stuff, just need to get a little closer.

Well done
    Awesome Dave! Thanks for the critique. I'm relatively new to wildlife and nature photography and still have an apprehension to hard crops... I really need to get over it ha ha. I'm getting ready to go out and shoot right now, but soon (perhaps tonight), I'll revisit this photo and incorporate some of your suggestions. I'll reply with it when it's done.