Thread: Keen Eyed Preen

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Keen Eyed Preen

Name:  20201014-Mallard-Drake-Preen-Brian-SumpBMS_9640-FORUM-SIG-SS35_.3-noblue.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  565.3 KB

Canon R5
    600mm + 1.4x
    Handheld
    ISO 1000
    1/800
    f7.1

LR and PS, DNAI and Nik for detail on subject. Patched one tiny brown wake line that was pronounced and a couple water drops on the Mallard.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely frame of this drake. Neat pose. Nice and eye level as well. Nice how the water fades to gold. Im a sucker for waterfowl though. Lovely frame.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

I saw your image this morning and really liked it, but didn't have a chance to comment. The capture is so inviting, makes me study this and enjoy the preening behavior. You may have gotten all the head 'cept any yellow beak! Also, I just love the setting, super lovely soft light and colors. This is very sweet!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is excellent! Hurray with the processing. Looks absolutely perfect.
    IQ and details on the duck are so nice.
    You nailed the sharpening on this one.
    Keep on figuring out the R5 for me so I can learn from you when I get mine! Been following the conversation on FM and I was getting worried.
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Mack View Post
    Lovely frame of this drake. Neat pose. Nice and eye level as well. Nice how the water fades to gold. Im a sucker for waterfowl though. Lovely frame.
    John, really appreciate your kind comments. I am a sucker for waterfowl too and so glad you enjoyed this one!

Quote Originally Posted by annmpacheco View Post
    I saw your image this morning and really liked it, but didn't have a chance to comment. The capture is so inviting, makes me study this and enjoy the preening behavior. You may have gotten all the head 'cept any yellow beak! Also, I just love the setting, super lovely soft light and colors. This is very sweet!
    Ann, thanks so much! All 'cept the beak indeed, thought it was kinda fun that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gail bisson View Post
    This is excellent! Hurray with the processing. Looks absolutely perfect.
    IQ and details on the duck are so nice.
    You nailed the sharpening on this one.
    Keep on figuring out the R5 for me so I can learn from you when I get mine! Been following the conversation on FM and I was getting worried.
    Gail
    That's very encouraging thank you! It's a steep curve (did I say that already) but there's lots to like with this set up. I've been a bit frustrated getting things dialed in but feels like I'm finally getting there :-)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This image is amazingly well done on all counts. The unique pose with the great look at the eye and the shape of the far wing make this one really special. "But it's just a Mallard ..." Who cares -- this one rocks.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    This image is amazingly well done on all counts. The unique pose with the great look at the eye and the shape of the far wing make this one really special. "But it's just a Mallard ..." Who cares -- this one rocks.

with love, a
    That's really meaningful to me Artie. Thank you for your encouraging feedback!

8. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post