Thread: Artie's Galapagos HDR illustrated with Seeram action

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Artie's Galapagos HDR illustrated with Seeram action

Attached Images Attached Images

I took the liberty of snatching this image from Artie's blog and ran the free version of Dave Seeram's illustration action on it. Here's a link to Dave's action download page http://www.photographybb.com/actions/ The smoother look is more appealing to me than the grunge look (on the blog). Hope I'm not out of line here? Dan
    Last edited by Dan Brown; 09-22-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Dan, Thanks. I like your version a lot and will check Dave out. I wonder what Denise will have to say. Folks can see today's blog post, the original HDR, my stained glass version, and my grunge look version here.

Heck, just trying this stuff is new to me. Thanks again for the re-do and the post here.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cool effect....I like the compostion, colors. The illustrated effect against a somewhat more natural looikng background (the clouds) is interesting and different.

Joel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

YAW Artie! Seeram has a bunch of actions, some free versions that are automatic with no opportunity to adjust along the way. If you buy the full versions, they stop along the way, allowing you to adjust each step if you want! With either the free or full versions, when they finish you can change the opacity on the illustration layer and reduce the effect. As with all filters and actions the smaller the file, the more pronounced the end result is, so if you were to apply the action on a full size file, you might not be able to see the effect without blowing it way up! Sometimes if the effect is too smooth on the smaller files I will resize up and then run it again to get what I want.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the additional info Dan. I added a link to this post in the main text of today's blog post.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the postI did not care for the stained-glass effect on the blog:D

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Dan, I might try to lower the opacity of the effect if it were mine. David Seerams actions are wonderful and I like this effect. I think it is about fitting the right image with the right look.:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the effect...I like the original HDR, way to go sensai

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dan, good to see you here! This is pretty cool and different from all the other effects out there. Nice base image too... ;)
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com