Thread: Capture One 6

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Capture One 6

Has anyone tried Capture One 6?

I looks a lot like DxO Optics Pro, but it includes a Local Adjustment tool, which is missing from DxO. They have a free 60-day trial, which I'm considering downloading.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello David
    I've been using Capture One for over a year and do have Capture One 6. I like the interface and the program does a terrific job at raw conversion but it's buggy and does have a tendency to stall, crash, etc. This has always been my experience with Capture One.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

DxO Optics Pro finally got most of the bugs out. Thank for the report re CO Jack. I'll stay away for now.

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Not sure of the reason behind those stalls and crashes. Maybe it’s a question of computer power; I have a four core hyperthreaded system with 16GB of memory. I’ve used Capture One Six since it came out with very few problems, especially in the more recent versions, often with as many as 8 to 12 1Ds MkIII RAW images open simultaneously on a dual monitor setup for review and adjustment. It’s a terrific program with some excellent features. To the OP, if you think you might like it, download the trial version and give it a try. You don’t have anything to lose, and you might find that it works just fine for you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

DxO didn't really get stable and fast with large files until it went to 64-bit OS and integrated Open CL in the processing. It looks like Capture One isn't quite there yet, so I'll wait.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David,
    It could be that my computer is an issue, so there's that. I'm running a 1-yr-old MacBook Pro with 4 GB of RAM. It seemed speedy when I bought it, but Capture One 6 has always been slow with plenty of pinwheels-of-doom spinning away...I've spoken with another friend who has a top-of-the-line Mac and he finds the program buggy as well...
    I agree wholeheartedly that you should try the demo and see if you like it...one man's meat is another man's poison...