Thread: Assassin Bug

adcolon

Default Assassin Bug

Attached Images Attached Images

At least I believe he looks like an juvenile Assassin Bug.

University of Puerto Rico's Botanical Gardens with a Canon 30D, MP-65 w/macro flash, ISO 100, f/16 at 1/250 sec.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quite a different looking Assassin Bug than the ones we get down-under adcolon.
    One of those difficult critters that seem to be all legs!! Your approach to crop the legs and zoom closer to the head/eyes I think provides the best impact. Good exposure and detail.

adcolon

Thanks John. Leggy creatures are difficult to compose and if they move around worse.

Robert O'Toole

Good move to crop and cut rather than clip any of the legs. This also brings out the details in the head and face much more. I would crop even tighter.

Good sharpness also. Flash looks a little harsh though. I always diffuse for the best effect, even a sheet of paper or facial tissue taped on is better than a bare flash head.

Robert

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I could be wrong, but I don't see an Assassin at all. This reminds me more of a stick insect and it could well be a very small immature one at that. But like I said, I could well be wrong. Maybe more of a small one of these.............

http://www.macrophotos.com/stickinsect/stick.html

Anyway, nice shot and those legs are hard to get in.

Danny.