Thread: Microglossum viride

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Microglossum viride

Attached Images Attached Images

These green earth tongues are quite uncommon and when I found them a few years ago it was the first recording in Australia for 25 years!! They are a fungal specimen and the fertile tissue covers the entire area except for the paler green stems.

Canon EOS 5, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 100, Flashx2, F22, Tripod.

Ed Vatza

First off, congrats on the discovery John. These are unlike anything I've ever seen up close and personal. I like the colors and the background - a rock, I think? I kind of wish the background extended up into that upper right corner. Excellent capture. Very sharp. How tall are these? My first impression was that I was looking at something tall but upon closer inspection I am thinking quite small.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Vatza View Post
    First off, congrats on the discovery John. These are unlike anything I've ever seen up close and personal. I like the colors and the background - a rock, I think? I kind of wish the background extended up into that upper right corner. Excellent capture. Very sharp. How tall are these? My first impression was that I was looking at something tall but upon closer inspection I am thinking quite small.
    Yes Ed I wish the rock had extended into the corner - no doubt I could do some clonning.
    The earth tongues here are about 1 to 11/2 inches tall.

Robert O'Toole

How interesting, the color is an aquamarine maybe and they look plastic or almost alien. Very cool and very different.

Cant help thinking they are leaning to the left a bit but I realize that things in nature are usually not straight vertical.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak

Hi John,
    Very cool indeed! The dark corner isn't as bothersome to me as the bright spec to the left of the base of the flower. If you are going to clone........do that first. I'm even starting to like the dark upper corner as it seems to balance with the darkness on the left side. Nicely done as always,
    Roman

Robert O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Kurywczak View Post
    Hi John,
    If you are going to clone........do that first. Roman
    Friends dont let friends Clone :) at the very least use a healing or patch tool, masks are usually best.

BTW Its a fungus not a flower but we know what you mean:)

Robert

Mike Moats

Hey John congrats on the interesting find. Interesting color, well shot.

Roman Kurywczak

Sorry Robert!!! :D I use the word clone.....because I don't know the PS proficiency of the poster........I also don't want to give wrong info......as my PS skills are only OK! I agree with the patch.........and maybe you could put a tutorial so that we can point to it in the future?
    Roman
    Last edited by Roman Kurywczak; 04-15-2008 at 06:05 PM.