Default Keith Cooper Reviews DxO Optics Pro 7.2

Photographer Keith Cooper has published an review of DxO Optics Pro 7.2:
    http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/software/dxo_optics_pro7-2.html

Robert Amoruso

Thanks for the post David.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I upgraded to DxO Optics Pro 7.5 over the weekend. This upgrade moves the application to 64-bit native. I was previously using the 64-bit version (32-bit native base design) with very good results, processing 25 to 30MB images in from 4 to 9-seconds. With the new version I'm averaging around 5 or 6-seconds. The main improvement I'm seeing is in the workflow, where image files open very quickly and processing of applied changes are considerably faster.

Since the application is now 64-bit native, I don't know what it means for those still using 32-bit OSs. I haven't researched that, but it'll be a consideration for those still working with smaller files and not wanting to upgrade their computers.

Still, I can vouch, on a 64-bit OS, with Open CL enabled, a quality graphics card, 8GB of RAM and a multi-core processor, DxO can scream. BTW, it does a great job of RAW conversion, color management, etc.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Deep in DPReview's excellent review of the Canon 5D MkIII is a comparison of resolution of MkIII files processed with Canon's Digital Photo Professional, Adobe ACR 6.7, DxO Optics Pro 7.2.3 and In-camera jpegs.

Page 21:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii/21