Thread: Is there a way to save color profiles in Preview (OS X Lion)?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Is there a way to save color profiles in Preview (OS X Lion)?

When I open an image file in Preview (OS X Lion) it always seems to come up with Adobe RGB as the defaault color profile. I want it to come up with the Monitor (calibrated) profile, which I can easily choose under Tools -> Assign Profile -> Color Sync Profile. Is there a way to save this setting, so that all images in Preview are automatically assigned this setting?

Richard

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi,

After some thought and searching, I think I've answered my own question by using the Automator app to always asign that color profile to images in Preview.

Richard

Lifetime Member Michael Gerald-Yamasaki's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Stern View Post
    When I open an image file in Preview (OS X Lion) it always seems to come up with Adobe RGB as the defaault color profile. I want it to come up with the Monitor (calibrated) profile, which I can easily choose under Tools -> Assign Profile -> Color Sync Profile. Is there a way to save this setting, so that all images in Preview are automatically assigned this setting?

Richard
    Richard,

Greetings. I'm a bit puzzled by why you would want to do this. Isn't AdobeRGB for the input profile (reading the image) and the monitor profile for output (presenting on screen)?

Cheers,

-Michael-