Thread: layers in CS5 and NIK color efex filters

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default layers in CS5 and NIK color efex filters

Art has been creating layers with selections and using color efex filters on his selections. I read it a couple times and couldn't quite figure out how he was doing it as Denise taught him.
    Every time I use any of my nik plug ins it creates it's own layer. I get some great results with the control points but it would sure be nice to use a couple of the filters on just a selection that would result in too much with a control point.
    Any help or link would be appreciated.
    Stan

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Couple of ways when you save your Nik filter chose the layer mask option when finished the plugin will automatically create a layer mask and fill it with black you then select the brush tool and paint in white were you want the effect to show. This is the easiest way to do it you can also ad the layer mask yourself after making a selection after you save the filter effect.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Threads
    Thank You Posts

After the NIK filter application creates a new layer, you can make a specific selection on the image and click the add mask option. The selected area will appear in a mask alongside the NIK filter layer thumbnail. You can modify the mask at will by using a B&W brush.

Best,

Chas