Thread: Think Tank - Airport Security V 2.0

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Think Tank - Airport Security V 2.0

I bought the Airport Security V 2.0 last fall for a trip. It is as I expected from what I had read here and other site, a great bag and well made.

What I did not expect was the great customer service. A couple of weeks ago I was preparing for a long weekend trip. I would be flying and was trying to limit my luggage to all carry on, so I needed to pack my tripod on the outside of the bag. I had not previously done this so I wanted to go ahead and setup the straps to carry the tripod. I don't remember exactly which night I was doing this but I believe it was either on Monday or Tuesday. I tightened one of the strap too tightly and broke it. Actually I pulled on it at an odd angle and broke it. NOTHING wrong with the strap, I simply broke it through my own carelessness.

I looked on Think Tanks site but could not find the strap that I needed so I contacted customer service to ask how I could buy a replacement. I was sent the strap at no cost and received it before I left on Thursday afternoon.

Nothing better than a great product and great customer service.

We all tend to complain about bad service, I just wanted to share an example of great customer service.

Thank you Think Tank.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I also have the Think Tank Airport Security bag and can't say enough good things about its quality and design. Glad to hear they have treated you well, they seem to be a class act.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I own and use both. Usually the big one, but took the smaller bag on the Southern Oceans trip as I left the 800 at home; it saved the day. Learn more on these two bags here. Their customer service is legendary.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I've owned and used a ThinkTank Airport International v2 for about 2-years now and couldn't be more pleased. I carry my 500mm, two bodies, 70-200mm, 24-105mm, flash and accessories.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Stephens View Post
    I've owned and used a ThinkTank Airport International v2 for about 2-years now and couldn't be more pleased. I carry my 500mm, two bodies, 70-200mm, 24-105mm, flash and accessories.
    I have actually gotten more than 50 pounds in that bag! See here for details: http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2011/...g-combination/

Most recently was 49 to Japan with: 800 f/5.6 L IS, 300 f/2.8L IS II, 70-200 L IS II, 16mm f/2.8L, 8-15mm, two MIV, 1 5D II, 2 @ 1.4X III TC, 2X III TC, 25mm Extension tube, and some extra caps and batteries.

I have never once been hassled for size and very rarely for weight.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.