Thread: Processing raw images exercise for March 2012: Jack's image

Threaded View

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Processing raw images exercise for March 2012: Jack's image

Attached Images Attached Images

This month we will try a double header.

Our first image or raw processing is from Jack Breakfast. There are a number of artistic possibilities here involving how you would like to crop the image and there are some things one could do technically if you are into changing objects in the scene.

In this first post, I am attaching a jpeg so people will see the thumbnail on the thread starter. In the next post I'll try and post the dng file. If that still isn't working, I'll post a link to my website where the dng file can be found.

The usual BPN rules apply. The image belongs to Jack and he retains all rights with permission to post raw converted images in this thread.

So show us what you can do with this image....

Note on the monthly raw processing: we don't close previous threads (unless they turn nasty and none have) so if you want to try your hand at older exercises, please do. And for you landscape and non-bird wildlife photographers out there, I would like to see some other types of raw processing too, so send me a jpeg of a proposed image for the coming months. Landscapes, wildlife, city, macro, all are welcome.

Roger