Thread: Editing Payment Options

Glenda Simmons

Default Editing Payment Options

I need guidance as to how to edit my member payment information, with changing a credit card, and recurring status. I can find many other things to edit in my account, but nothing about payment. I sent a private message to an administrator, asking for help, five days ago, but did not get a reply. Any help would be appreciated.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I ended up paying for my membership twice this year because of an unknown recurring payment option. Not that that's a big problem, but I'd like to be the one to decide whether I want to pay extra. I also received no response to my inquiry.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

The default payment method is determined by what you have set in PayPal. When you first subscribe, the forum software submits to PayPal as a recurring payment. From then on, PayPal keeps the site as being 'authorized' and handles the payment type and authorization for automatic payment again. To disable, you'll have to cancel this authorization from within your PayPal account.Log on to PayPal and select Profile - My Money. Click the update link for My preapproved payments. Under the Merchant column, click the one for BPN and click the Cancel link under Status or the Cancel Subscription button.I know PayPal doesn't make it very intuitive...it took me a while to hunt it down.Name:  PayPal.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  86.0 KB
    Chris

0 .· ` ' / ·. 100
    I have a high sarcasm rate. Deal with it.
    include('sarcasm.php')

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Chris,
    Thanks for answering this so clearly.
    I'm pretty sure I'm the Admin in question. Nothing personal - I've just been out of pocket.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

My expiration date is 4-18-2012, non-recurring since I didn't see bpn in Paypal like
    above.

If I renew before 4/18/2012, will my new renewal date be when I paid or 4/18?

Doug