Thread: Lone tree

Angelika Schauf

Default Lone tree

This picture is from 2008, as I with the photograph started, with a EOS 400D.

EF35, 1/200 sec, f/6.3, Nik Color Efex Pro

Name:  400D_000506.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  210.5 KB

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love this image! Colors are great. The only thing I might do is clone out the roof of building on the left and the tele poles and wires on right. A great feeling of space. Love it1

Roman Kurywczak

I like the simplicity of the image.....but I do wish this was a lone tree. I wouldn't even mind the building then either. When I first looked at this....it almost looked like ghosting.....that is why the second tree bothers me a bit.

Angelika Schauf

Roman, then I chose probably the wrong title.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely simplicity and colours here. I agree that having the 2nd tree "clutters" it up a bit...
    I might have liked a sliver more space at the bottom, and obviously without the piece of building sticking out on the LHS (is it a church steeple?).
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Funny, I don't mind either the lone building or the second ghost tree. Like it as is. Go figure.

Robert Amoruso

Angelika,

I really like the look to this image, the tones and colors. An interesting assortment of comments. My take:

• I like the two trees, the ghosting as Roman mentioned. However I think I would have also done multiple alternatives to this theme - line up the trunks so BG is obscured by FG as well as more offset from that shown here.
    • I like the building on left by would remove poles/wires on right.
    • I bit more room at the bottom would have been nice as the base of the trees feels truncated.

A nice effort and I like a lot. Thanks for posting and looking forward to more.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A different angle to line up the trunks to make it look like one tree would improve this, a little more space at the bottom, and either more of the building or none. The sky is wonderful.

Jack

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Even looks good on my iPad. If mine, I would eliminate EVERYTHING except for the tree so that it the vast open space was amplified. If I were at my computer I would probably give it a play!
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I agree, very nice image and wonderful light including the phase angle. Title: Pair of Lonely trees, or Embracing Trees (maybe need a different angle to show that better).

The building detracts in my opinion.

Roger

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Angelika, I like this image...the two trees look rather interesting like this, but also agree with Robert that lining up the trunks might have been an alternate way to compose the 'lone tree' look. Agree on evicting the building and the power lines.

Robert Amoruso

I wanted to come back to this one and the building as I was not sure I liked having it but on my first round recommended it staying. I feel it needs to go.

Angelika Schauf

Thank you for your tips.
    I have edited the image again and removed the house and the electricity pylons.
    I think it looks really better.

Name:  400D_000506_1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  246.8 KB

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it!

on iPad, ground line not level; artifacts on ground level to right of tree all the way to corner. I think the ground line on both sides of tree to the ends should be clean.

Well done.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

great image with loads of interesting suggestions here. Nice processing