Thread: How often do you send camera and lens for cleaning and adj.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default How often do you send camera and lens for cleaning and adj.

First, thank you for all the help I have received from this great forum. I don't get here as often as I'd like to due to work etc. I have the Canon 7D and 100-400 lens. I fell with the camera in had and the camera and lens hit the ground with me. It seems to be working OK, I've been checking on my settings which has helped. Do you think I should send both in for cleaning and a check? Working with the 100-400 has its challenges with needing enough light, so when I don't get the picture I thought I'd get, I wonder if it is operator error or a problem due to the fall. My 100-400 lens is at least 4 years or more old. I have read where people have just sent their lens or camera in for work at Canon and wonder if it would be a good idea. We are taking a road trip in June to see a new grandbaby and want it working well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Nancy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Nancy, if the camera and lens look a bit of a hard fall I would definitely send it in for a checkup. Even if it is working perfectly, it would probably just be a good idea to have it properly checked to make sure everything is firmly in place inside the lens especially. It also never hurts to get it done well before an important trip, just in case there are complications you have lots of time to get it fixed and tested ahead of time, rather than doing it just before the trip.
    Good luck!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the advice, Grant. I think I will send them both in.
    Nancy